Agnostic.com

11 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Incidentally, the woman that happened to is a member of an atheist/agnostic FB group I am on and she shared her story with the group before this went wide. She was devastated and humiliated, trying to persuade a man to allow her the medication needed to miscarry the dead fetus that she desperately wanted.
Walgreens policy is that a pharmacist can decline to fill a script but must hand it off to another staff member. A pharmacist’s job is not to impose their personal beliefs on people or serve as a gatekeeper to prevent people from executing decisions they make with their doctors. No one should be in a position of having to convince a third party that their needs or decisions are valid.

This is just heartbreaking.

Seems to be a no-brainer for me. You took a job to do the job, you don't do the job you get fired. If the case goes to the Supreme Court that Pharmacy loses. When you're open to the public you have to serve everyone so the focus shouldn't be on the pharmacist who doesn't want to do it, it should be on the patient whose being discriminated against on the basis of her sex.

lerlo Level 8 June 25, 2018

It is disgusting..

These pharmacies are usually right across the street from each other on big intersections. At least now, if I need to go into one, I know which one I will not be going into. This, 'I will serve whoever I want to and the rest be damned' thinking is very dangerous. What would have happened if it was medicine she need right now?

In Illinois it's legal. In Chicago there was a grocery chain famous for letting pharmacists refuse to fill any prescription they wanted. The whole chain went out of business.

You might want to check that. My research says it's illegal in Illinois

Religious fascists.

That's terrible.

At least she is being advised to SUE. Good idea!

That guy needs to be sued for malpractice.

azzow2 Level 9 June 24, 2018

when will they start refusing to give them OC's?

btroje Level 9 June 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.