Agnostic.com

24 4

What percentage do you feel male and what percentage you feel female?

We all have both male and female hormones in our systems. Upbringing also decides our gender. But most people are on the sex/gender continuum. Outwardly, we project a certain image of our gender. But what do you really feel inside?

jaymr_1 5 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

100% me. I don’t worry about the details.

Katrik Level 7 June 25, 2018

I just feel old and tired, both the female and the male part of me.

99% of the time I would say 50/50 or neither. The things i do on a daily basis i do not see and male of female roles, being a single parent for more than 1/2 my life I can cook, clean, garden as well as most. The only time I feel completely male is when being intimate with a lady, and that is so very rare these days.

Hugs

A bit of a mixed bag really, depends which aspect you are taking about. Was always a bit of a tomboy, I do like spiders and snakes, never that much into dolls grew up to like science, nature and maths as well as people, music and art. Communication style 50/50. Sexual preferences 90/10. Around 60% dominant rather than submissive. Thinking style back to 50/50. Good cook: horrible housekeeper, not that I can't do it, just bores me witless, more likely to change the starter motor on a tractor than suddenly decided there cannot be a speck of dust and I must have chintz curtains.

Horrendously pragmatic but I'll stop and smell the roses or dance by the light of the moon. As I said a mixed bag.

Kimba Level 7 June 25, 2018

Answering without reading comments...
First of all I believe we have varying definitions of male/female masculine/feminine and the terms have been used against us. Each of us are an unique set of variations. There are times when I feel totally "feminine" (Dressed up, perfumed, clean nails, hair styled, fancy shoes, and jewels even) and I absolutely love it but there are also times when I am completely "masculine" (dirty nails, baggy clothing, burp in public, argue topics, flirt with everyone, delegate duties...).
I guess for me it is like Yin/Yang and the question I find most critical is...
"How authentic am I being? And "Do I accept others as is or do I try to "fix" them?"
If a man wants to wear tights and play with dolls then let them and give the girl the blue tool box or whichever color she so chooses because our identities should have the freedom they need to safely explore life. Let the boys dance and the girls eat worms for all I care and then everyone can just have fun without fear of social rejection.
I was a huge Tomboy and the mother was a high class call girl or something. SHe had tailor made clothes and would dress me up whenever we went somewhere public. I hated the whole charade and rejected my feminine side for most of my life because of her "Little ladies should..." speeches. I am now finding balance and authenticity of self and would have to say my masculine/feminine traits have turned into a teeter/totter. I swing both ways lol

I only feel like me. I have all the requisite girly bits and I like men. I can plaster and do DIY but I am hopeless with cars. I am rubbish with tech and football and absolutely do not get cricket. My Dad would never buy me a 'pint' of anything to drink. I am a traditional northern English woman, hard working, resilient and careful with money. In some cultures I would be seen as masculine, I am also 172cm (about 5ft 8" ), its a good day when I remember to brush my hair and I only rarely wear heels. I can't say because being me is all I remember being.

Amisja Level 8 June 25, 2018

I don't think that anybody in the world actually "gets" cricket, but some pretend to.
I am not one of them.

All female. Anything I do that'd be considered 'male' just means I'm a capable and well-rounded woman.

Interacting with others, I feel female. Not the stereotypical female: flirty, weak, indecisive, manipulative but the nurturing, empath who smiles easily and listens well female. But when I have a garden project to tackle I throw myself into it, laboring for hours, wearing myself out with dirt and shoveling and hefting heavy items. During these times I feel neutral, unaware of gender. I feel this when I'm steeped in art projects too, or hiking in the early hours, just living the life. Good post. Haven't thought of this. I guess when I'm in community I am more self-aware...when I'm in community I feel more constrained

You would have to define how you define male and female.

@Bobby9 Oh I'm totally confused - so you're just asking a biological question? And then a "how do you FEEL?" question? All the responses use cultural/societal norms as their starting point. And as most of you are American, it's a pretty limited conversation (Tom boys? Breadwinner? Army? Crying? DIY?. In fact it's so limited that I'll opt out.

About 75% female-25% male. I have many male stereotypical physical traits such as strong upper body and arms, my (tall) stature, narrow hips, broad shoulders. I work in a male dominated industry, construction. I'm a builder, handy-(wo)man, engineer, I have done my own car repairs. All girl inside, I wear make-up, style my hair. Wear cute clothes and shoes. Walk and talk like a girl. Play with Barbies. 😀 Lol!

Honestly, I've grown up as a male, been told I'm male, and considered myself male, the only frame of reference I have is what I feel.

I don't really know what feels male or what feels female, but I know what I feel, so I define that as male.

JimG Level 8 June 25, 2018

That's how I feel. I don't define it as feeling male or female. I know that physically I am female but I just feel like I'm me.

@PhoebeCat yes, that's a more succinct way to phrase it 🙂

I have no idea.

Gohan Level 7 June 25, 2018

My wife always says I'm 100% heterosexual and that's always been the general sentiment. Still, historically I've been relatively sensitive and capable of emotion for a dude, and so it might be said that my feminine aspect has been allowed some expression. But for the past couple of years, I have been emotionally disassociated like I perceive most men to be. In my case it's just emotional overload -- a combination of aging and accumulated personal tragedy that has left me numb, the proximal tipping point being my son's death. My wife has already been like that for several years, for similar reasons plus a lifelong struggle with anxiety. Too much emotion, particularly negative, fries the ol' circuits, and I think one's psyche has self-protective features around that, sort of like how a nuclear reactor will shut itself down when it overheats.

It feels weird at first but you get used to it.

Anyway my point for purposes of this post is that the things we tend to associate with "the feminine" are not necessarily an objectively measurable thing using some discrete criteria like how emotionally expressive or sensitive you are. I think that it may be confirmation bias to think that. Men are influenced by how they are acculturated and socialized in the West, to be emotionally stunted right out of the chute. Was my overall ability in life to express some emotion simply my ability to overcome some of that and be more myself, or was it the influence of whatever estrogen is in my body? Who knows. That would need a lot more study to confidently make pronouncements about. And my current state has little to do with my "female percentage", whatever exactly that even is, and I rather think a lot of men and women have things going on in their lives that are far more consequential than the balance of hormones influencing them.

I'm all male but I am not a macho man. I hate macho. To me it's like being a dick and it makes no sense to me.

I feel about 60/40 male to female.

I am a capable person . I do the things that need being done . I dress in cloths that are comfortable for me . I'm not looking for shock value . No one looking at me , will ever have to guess what my gender is , but I don't feel the need to load on layers of anything that says , " THIS IS WHAT I AM ! "

100% Non-toxic male.

I'm not sure where in my life experience this comes from, but the older I've gotten, the more I enjoy the company of women. All of the really close and best friends I've had over the last 25 years have been women. Whenever I need someone in a position of authority (doctor, lawyer, etc.), I seek out a woman.

This is a very broad generalization, but I think on the whole, women are socialized in a much healthier way than men. I tend to want to be very open about my thoughts and feelings, and I feel those needs are better met in the company of women.

Male only !

I'm a nonbinary androgynous female and partial transmale, about 60% male.

I used to be genderfluid-switching back and forth between the gender mode perspectives, until I discovered that a local Thai herb, derris scandens (also sold on Amazon and Ebay), gets rid of dysphoria and blends the two gender modes so there was no more tormenting conflict.

With me, the derris scandens also stops dysphoria symptoms, clears my eyesight, and protects me from the hot sun and intense light here in southern Thailand. I can go outside an noon when I take it.

Depends on the day, my mood, and what I'm engaged in ...

I don't feel male or female. I just feel like me.

When I am at home depot- 100% male. When I hit the local bed bath and beyond - 95% female / 5% male ( because I only look for what I need and have a shopping time limit). ? Seriously, it fluctuates. I am a 100% spouse and don't limit my role in the house or in life. Gender stereotypes are not relevant to me. I am, Who I am ,when I am being who I am, whatever that may be.

I know you cannot quantify your gender/sexuality. I mentioned percentage not in a truly mathematical sense, but rather as a subjective estimate of the extent to which a person feel 100% male or 100% female.

Watching documentaries on transgender people, I became aware that the amount of male and female hormones in our bodies must influence our sexuality. So, probably people who have responded that they are 100% male or ! 00% female must have more male and female hormones in their systems respectively.

But there must be some people who may have near 50-50 of male and female hormones. Societal pressure then dictates what the gender they would adopt outwardly.

This is getting beyond the ridiculous. If you want to declare Gay to the world just scream it... do not try to make the world gay so you can fit in!

@OlderMusicGeek Your mouth has lips, my ass has lips... You can Kiss my Ass.

@OlderMusicGeek Don't say, do. Come faggot, come on over and kiss my ass. Talk is cheap honneybee... come on over geekyqueer. Your avatar image says it all about you. Don't say, faggot... do. You are so ashamed of yourself you don't even dare to show your face.... Kiss my ass! Again. 'Bet you like to experiment fag!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115199
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.