Agnostic.com

15 3

Atheist Emblems

Do you have an atheist emblem like one of these stuck on your car? If so, what has been the reaction from others? Who would not be willing to display something like that on their car, and why not?

• 5 votes
  • 22 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 8 votes
  • 7 votes
MrLink 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My beliefs are my own. Unlike believers that are always trying to save someone or judge others, I am not trying to convince or influence anyone's belief or non belief. Everyone has the right to believe or not believe in whatever he or she chooses. I believe in personal choices. I do not need to wear my beliefs on my sleeve.

I think, for me personally, it has been majorly empowering to assert myself and my needs as a non-believer when I see evidence of fellow skeptics/freethinkers. This is why I put atheist/pro-science stickers all over my laptop and a few on my car (which is admittedly a bit dangerous in the Bible Belt). I do it for my fellow minorities, not to convince anyone. Insofar as I do it as an affront to the opposition, it is only to stand my ground, not to shift theirs.

I'm with candysez

Put simply, visibility matters for social change.

I have dawkins red A on the back of my work van complete with peace sign; and" I love science "on the front. I've often wondered if that's hurt my renovation business but I don't care

I like your style markdevenish! I like your style.

If it were a job for me - you’d have it!

I've thought about it, but it would probably welcome vandalizing assuming the vandals know what the symbol(s) mean. If it's a magnetic sticker those get stolen easily (my zombie family was ripped off). I think if anything I would get a license plate if I felt the need to display my non-beliefs.

Oh! Nice.

I sincerely think that atheists are more confident in their beliefs than Christians and don't feel the need to wear or display a symbol or icon.

SamL Level 7 Dec 30, 2017

safety in numbers , don't be scared of the delusional

I had a Bernie magnet on my car before the election. I removed it after the election because I didn't want to invite trouble. And for that same reason the only sticker on my car says "meow". I'm proud to be liberal and atheist, but smart enough to avoid a fight that doesn't have to happen.

I have many atheists shirts to wear.

I like this one

I live in Bay County, Florida, where the local Sheriff decided to stick "In God We Trust" stickers on every squad car, and they give them away here, so you see everybody and their mother driving around town with those bumper stickers (and some idiots don't stick it to the window on their new car but to the actual paint - which borders on criminally insane). I would put ALL of these on my back glass - and possibly on each window (if I found out it irritated the mythically engaged for sure)...

Ahh... On the back glass. Great idea! If you never have to use an ice scraper on your windshield.

I don't put bumper stickers on my car period. My beliefs are not advertised, not even by strong political views.

I enjoy communicating with like-minded people, but I don't feel the need for group identity or allegiance.

There should be an option that says "Yes, and I get the hairy eyeball from strangers" and one that says "Yes and I fear the cops may profile me for it"...lol

I voted I don't need to wear it on my sleeve.

The reason I picked it isn't quite for that reason, it's just the closest to what I think.
I would wear a T-Shirt or a hat if it were a tasteful logo.
I'm not too sure about a bumper sticker though. I've heard horror stories about cars being damaged for sporting something like that.

Next thing you know we'll have a secret handshake and catchphrases to identify us to one another. How about a beanie with a dinosaur on top?

We're here. We're Atheist. Get used to it!

I’ve learned to be very careful about what you display ... how can I be demanding and insistent in public while wearing my Atheist Anniversary T-shirt? And though I drive decent, if anyone gets pissedoff in the least - they’d blame Atheism! Even political stuff, always makes me feel as though I’ve got to be a goodwill ambassador while wearing it.

But don’t let my hesitation stop you … because when I see such a sticker, for a political ‘good guy,’ or our cause here - I grinn, and say out loud - “I’ve got your back!” ...and if that vehicle got in trouble, I be there … ready to explain how it wasn’t their fault 😉

Varn Level 8 Dec 30, 2017

I always want to ask them which god. I am particularly fond of zeus.

ydnil Level 4 Oct 10, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.