Agnostic.com

25 8

Have you ever looked back on something you did and either laughed or was just plain embarrassed?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My most embarrassing moment: the day my dryer was first very hot, then smoking. A neighbor pointed out the smoke pouring from the dryer vent. I unplugged it and saw no flames. It was just hot. Then hotter. Finally I called the local fire chief, saying I didn’t want a fuss, could just he come check?
Within seconds I heard the sirens: 3 fire trucks, 3 fireman each, in all their gear. They troop through my house, and two of them wrest the dryer out onto the sidewalk. It was 10 degrees outside.
Soon as the dryer door was open, the smoldering clothes burst into flames. The firemen were yanking them out with long tongs, and spraying water, which froze them to the sidewalk.
It was a load of panties...burnt, and now frozen to the sidewalk.
The firemen left, leaving the dryer and the frozen panties on the sidewalk. (Which I had to scrape up).
The joke after that was: How many Boger City firemen does it take to put out the fire in Beth’s underwear?
Answer: ALL of them.

Thank you for the first belly laugh of the day! 👍

Oh man! That had to have been embarrassing.

I should of died a few times..

More than a few for me if a cat has the preverbal 9 lives I got that beat by a ton.

Yep,a lot of embarrassment. Mostly alcohol related. That’s why I quit drinking 10 years ago.

Yep, a primary reason I finally gave up drinking alcohol.

Hmmm, let's see...oh yes, there was this morning when I opened the blinds in the Living Room so that I could enjoy the beautiful morning. Metal blinds and all went well until they folded up and were at the very top...then BAM the whole thing came down and bonked me on the head.

Of course, it can't be embarrassing if you are the only one present, right? ☺️

MikeEC Level 7 June 25, 2018

Of course you can. I embarrass myself to myself all the time.

Yes. Hasn't everyone?

Yes, but I think some worse than the others lol.

Of course, I'm perfect and never make mistakes. So I never have done anything laughable or embarrassed me. NOT.

xyz123 Level 7 June 26, 2018

I think there are currently about 2 of your type in the country. Time for a DNA test.

Many times to both and I doubt there is anyone who hasn't.

Oh hell yes. To this day. Stuff from 20+ years ago, and last week too. LOL

Qualia Level 8 June 25, 2018

Wait, you haven’t?

All the time.

Yes very much so,

Yes, many times on both of them.

I used to. Now, I look back and love it all. Everything that I ever did, ever thought, and all that happened to me served to make me who I am right now, and I wouldn't change any of it.

Think many years ago a friend of mine and I drank a bottle of wild turkey and were pole dancing for the strippers. Memories kind of shot on that one.

azzow2 Level 9 June 25, 2018

Of course.

Yes, all the time.
Getting so drunk that I apologized to inanimate objects that I bumped into.

Accidentally grabbing my manager's ass. I slipped on the floor and reached out and there she was.

Going outside in a thunderstorm to roll up my car window in the middle of the night. The next morning I realized the other three windows were still down.

o of course lol

Both, many times.

Put it this way, very occasionally i look back at things I've done and I'm not embarrassed. .....

Lots of parts of my life but what the heck

Good grief .... I am still smarting over things I did 20 years ago so my response would be YES. lol One of my afflictions is foot in mouth disease..............😕

Everyday. And aging has only increased the frequency.

JacarC Level 8 June 26, 2018

Losing my temper. I am working on that.

Yes, many instances in many categories from mere embarrassment through deep shame and remorse to mirthful laughter. Being semi invalid at age 89 there’s plenty of time for me to enjoy raking through the ashes of memory. Strangely it’s often more entertaining than small talk with my live friends and acquaintances.

The unexamined life is not worth living (Ancient Greek: ὁ ... ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ) is a famous dictum apparently uttered by Socrates at his trial for impiety and corrupting youth, for which he was subsequently sentenced to death, as described in Plato's Apology (38a5-6).

JacarC Level 8 June 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.