Agnostic.com

12 4

How will you be spending New Years Eve?

Tomorrow is the last day of the year. I admit to feeling a bit spontaneous about it... going with my mood. I may sit home and vegetate (boring, I know). Or, I might go see my family. We always make last minute plans- that's our operating system or rather THEIRS. No, it's theirs. I like plans. LOL. They're non-committal about them!

So then, what will you do when the clock hits 12:01? I think I need to have a really good dirty joke prepared for my husband. I want to start the New Year off with a good laugh.

Particularly if I can catch him off guard ; )

So, what are your plans?

silvereyes 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Taking shots with family and friends.

Sitting at home, not doing a damned thing. Hoping the fireworks don't keep me awake late, LOL.

@atheist - no doubt! It's what I enjoy! ????

Same thing we do every day, Pinky...

lol nothing

Or I might be working on AI development. The recent discussions here have gotten me rather motivated. 😀

That's a relief. I thought it might be short for "honey." 😛

Home..or maybe the local bar..singing karaoke

That sounds like a brilliant way to start the new year, @Silvereyes!

I've never been a New Year's reveler so I'm just having a few family & friends over for gaming, and a good luck dinner of sauerkraut, kielbasa and pierogi. I think we're the only house in Texas that doesn't have black-eyed peas on the menu.

omg, @atheist, you used the word hunky and didn't mean a slang term for black people!!! It's been YEARS since I've heard that (obviously I'm not in Hunkyland any longer)!

It's my German and Polish background coming out. I don't make borscht but when there are fewer people, I make my own latkes. And, of course, we have to have sauerkraut again at my mother's house tomorrow just to be sure we have luck in the new year. I think it's really because we like to eat. Will you be having any hunky food tonight?

It varies on the whims of the group, @silvereyes, but usually there's at least one card game of 500 Bid, and I got two new ones this year: Sushi Go! and Quiddler. We're big on games ... we have a lot of boba tea houses here where you can bring a group to play games for hours while drinking tea.

@silvereyes, I like Scrabble, too! I only have two people locally to play with, tho. It turns out that Sushi Go! was a lot more fun than we thought - fast, loose enough that you can talk while playing, and short rounds. I've never gone to a gaming meetup but it sounds like fun. Is it crazy competitive?

Wow, @atheist, I had no idea there was such community there - I've never even been to a place that had (specifically) a hunky festival but it sounds delicious! HNY to you, too!

Not a damn thing.

At midnight, I will be asleep.

A local festival

I plan on being a stick-in-the-mud, I'm staying home. Have to work tomorrow and don't know if I can get an Uber or taxi home at a reasonable hour. I like my booze, so I don't trust myself to stay sober enough to drive.

Working today and up again @ 5:00 for work again tomorrow. It's a great life, let me tell ya. 🙂

Tell me the dirty joke! It is REALLY COLD here in Philadelphia; I am about to take a hot shower, put on my flannel pj's and get into bed with a good novel. My late husband and I always used to kiss on the stroke of midnight, and I don't want to be awake to miss that. Maybe I'll go to sleep and dream about him..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.