Agnostic.com

41 13

Has anybody ever got into the wrong car?

Lol I can’t even begin to tell you how embarrassing that kind of experience can be. I’ve heard so many stories from different people. lol I actually have one of my own. It happened when I was leaving the gym one evening and my dad had come to pick me up and this was when he had just got a new car and it was one I wasn’t familiar with. Anyway, I leave the gym cause he shows up and I swear up and down this car looked just like his so I got in and it didn’t help the windows were tented, but something seemed off about it. Luckily no one was in the car, but just as I was about to get out cause I realized something wasnt right, my dad, who was two rows behind this car honked at me. I rushed to the right car and probably seven minutes after I was in the right car, the people came out to get in their car then they drove off lmfao! It wasn’t funny then, but it’s quite funny now. I beat myself up for a few minutes after the incident cause I was so consumed with shame, but then I eventually started laughing at it. If anybody has stories similar like me or getting into the wrong car, please feel free to share if you are comfortable enough doing so.

EmeraldJewel 7 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, back in high school when we used keys to open car doors, I got into what I though was my car, but the key would not turn in the ignition switch. I looked around and this wasn't my car. I have only had it happen the one time in the 40 years I have been driving.

No but I walked out of the grocery store to see a woman trying to open my trunk. Her car looked exactly like mine.

LOL! Well, I have tried to get into the wrong car! I've pointed the car-fob and tried to un-lock my car more than once, only to have nothing happen. Fortunately the true owner was not around, and I found my own car right next to the identical model to mine...

Rustee Level 7 June 27, 2018

I don’t pray that happen to me. Soonest cause I have more than three times noghtmare about this.

Most times when we are stressed,tired,or just had a bad day, is when mistakes like this .

Why did your dad not get out of the car so that you could see him?

About 50 years ago we had a minivan we used to carry meat for our butchers shop. Of course it was clean but always smelt of meat, The cab was scruffy. WE watched in amazement as a lady placed a bunch of flowers on the roof, opened the car put the flowers in and actually started it as all locks were badly worn any key would open it. Suddenly she stopped and looked around realised the van wasn't hers. She sheepishly got out and saw her van then saw us laughing. She just got in her van and drove off.

Visiting relatives as a child entered the wrong house as I was entering the wrong house wondered why there was dog turd on the floors they had no dog then in the living room a scared girl stareing at me .I ran terrified out of that house and found the right house with the same coloured door

Simon1 Level 7 June 27, 2018

Yes, sometimes by accident.

Yes. My sister was driving my car the night before and I had assumed she’d parked it where I usually do. So I see a car similar to mine where I usually park, and I try to unlock it but it doesn’t work. I say “screw it” and just see if it’s unlocked. It is. I get in and don’t recognize it the interior at all. I get an notice my actual car further down the road from where I was ??

Adam7 Level 4 June 27, 2018

Nope... but in the wrong garage porch yes. Also grabbed the wrong ass in a club.

Once

Yep. I had just finished at the ATM and got in the car for f the woman who was waiting behind me. She had the same color and model car and had parked right next to me.

I have done it twice! Once the car looked nothing like mine ? ?

I did it just two days ago! My car died. Had it towed to the dealer. Usually, if my car is at the mechanic and I need to borrow a car, I borrow my parents' minivan. It's a white Dodge. This time, though, my sister offered hers. She has a minivan, but it's a blue Honda.

I put my big tote bag in the passenger seat of her blue Honda, and went to the library. I stayed for 5 minutes or so. I came out, and there was a white Dodge parked next to my sister's. I clicked the unlock button on the key fob and heard an unlocking noise (I wasn't looking where the sound came from), walked right up to the white Dodge and opened the door - it was unlocked! I hopped in, put the key in the ignition and turned it. Nothing happened. I grabbed the gear shifter to make sure it was firmly in park, and something felt "off." I looked in the passenger seat, and my bag wasn't there! It took a moment, then I realized what I'd done.

I got out, and went to the right car, and I don't think anyone noticed. It was embarrassing, though 😀 🙂

Too many times ! Occasionaly i got into the wromg life ?

Black car...yep...all the time...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.