Agnostic.com

10 7

LINK These 4 GOP Senators Are Shocked that the National Science Foundation Encourages Science Education – Mother Jones

Shame on them (guess who?). I'm I that dumb that I don't understand this?

Four Republican senators described the National Science Foundation as a political rather than scientific organization because of its study of climate change and have called for an investigation into the group by the agency’s inspector general’s office. In a scathing letter to the IG’s office last week, the senators lambasted NSF for granting over $4 million to two programs that encouraged TV newscasters to discuss climate science on air. This is not the first time Republican lawmakers have asked for the nonpartisan science agency to be investigated for supposed partisan bias.

Lukian 8 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Years ago the Koch Brothers paid a Scientist to research Climate Change, at first go he came up with thinking it was bunk. He was later asked to revisit the topic and discovered that not only was the problem more serious than first thought by other scientists but also that there was no evidence that any other source than humans could be responsible for the damage. So Lying for money is a good thing as long as the bottom line is protected.

We have to get rid of these people as soon as possible. The world depends on it. We cannot allow Trump to name another Justice to the Supreme Court. I have called my Senators and Congress members to tell them all how I feel.

They are not that ignorant. It's their agenda to promote Global Warming denial. Companies are afraid that Global Warming will cost them money. They hated having to clean up their act when the Clean Air act went into effect. There are many in industry that think they have the right to rape and pillage both the environment and people for the sake of lining their pockets.

I want to hear the news tell us that things with Russia are great and that Trump is going to get his hotel in Moscow.

And this is a surprise? Most of the science related study in schools that are removed generally get removed in times of republican heavy terms. It's hushed but its there.

AmyLF Level 7 June 27, 2018

There's nothing to be said about that is there! Honestly, the whole administration seems to be on some sort of drug.

One would think that having just a little common sense and a pinch of education should be a prerequisite for being a United States Senator. Apparently this is not the case. That my countrymen could elect four such craven imbeciles to represent them in the Senate is both depressing and scary. What's next? Separation of small children from their families?

It reminds me of the old time computer truism....Garbage In-Garbage Out. You vote that garbage in and they just give you more garbage. Of course the people who vote for these idiots have to be dumber than a box of rocks

That is a real insult to both the box and the rocks. I cannot think of something that would work without disrespect. It would have to be something fictional, how about the Bugblatter Beast of Traal. At least they eat what disrespects them.

thank you for posting. it is very scary to me that there are so many people who are afraid of truth that they try to censor even the questions that could provide it.

More GOP BS. Science denial is there MO.

Completely delusional!

Unfortunately true. I have seen scientists dismissed in congressional hearings in matters climate change being the major topic. These people are sad sad sad.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.