Agnostic.com

15 19

This is THE WORST day since November 8, 2016

I am seriously about to cry. I cannot believe Kennedy is retiring. I cannot believe that imbecile gets to put another right wing whack job on the bench. This is fucking awful!!! FFS I hope everybody who has a brain and a heart votes in November. For the NON-REPUBLICAN WHO WILL WIN -- I don't care what fucking e-mail server he or she uses!!!!

BlueWave 8 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Someone on the morning shows today said we can stop referring to our "American democracy".....with the appointment of another possible far right leaning justice and a largely supine congress we have become "Trump's regime". We will have big parades on Veterans Day - show off our military and all of its expensive "toys" while shredding what's left of the safety nets for the poor, the elderly ...and, ironically - our Vet's.

We should keep watch and not just assume all is lost. Democrats are gonna have to stop playing to game to get along and start playing to win.

'Do not go gentle into that good night' 'Rage, rage against the dying of the light' Dylan Thomas. More than a few of us feel that the end is 'nigh. Keep the Constitution in your heart and mind. Our freedoms and the freedoms we hold dear are at stake, not just for us, but our children. If we're to be overwhelmed by sloth, avarice and greed, I propose we go out fighting.

Yes, the tidal turn is getting close to a tsunami. Not enough young people and "minorities" may turn out this November. Scary.

They must. I hoping the Parkland survivor students can make their way around the country and inspire young people. And Obama. And every other person and method that will honestly help us. Otherwise, I risk becoming a walking Xanax zombie.

@BlueWave keep extras for us

Before his four years is up (I refuse to entertain the notion of eight years), he will probably get to appoint one or two more. If only each despairing liberal could sacrifice one minute of their lives to extend the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

vita Level 7 June 27, 2018

As sick as it makes me to say this - I think he will be reelected unless he manages to completely crash the economy. I can't tell you how many people tell me that their 401💋s are healthier than ever so whatever HE'S doing must be the reason - and they don't give a crap about any of his policies or perversions....

@Lavergne you're right, but the market has been flat for 6 months, wages are not growing despite a few companies giving bonuses, the jobs created are still more of the $10-15/hr variety. Maybe these will all turn around still, but look at Harley Davidson.

@Switchcraft Absolutely! So what is wrong with so many people that they can swallow his crap - hook, line and sinker and continue to say "give him time"...."stop picking on him - let him do his job". We need to take a few lessons from their spin machine gurus...they seem to be able to take a turd and convince half the country that its really not a turd - just a new type of sausage - try it - you'll like it.... ????? WTH?

I am also seriously sad.

I think we should wait and let a new president choose the replacement, just like they did to O
bama. I loathe McConnell

the democrats will put up a fight on the next appointment.

@crazycurlz I doubt they put up much fight. The usual Dem fight is to talk about doing something & then folding like a wet rag.

@ronnie40356 I think/hope they realize what's at stake...

they were very quick to point out the one word distinction between the two situations.... i.e., no replacements in a PRESIDENTIAL election year.

Too f*cking late. Everyone needed to vote in 2016, but too many people wanted their perfect candidate or to blow the whole thing up.

Ya it sucks, its been a sham ever since people started voting for Trump

I heard the news and felt physically ill. This came on the heels of the Janus decision...and the death of net neutrality... I need a happy place.

Me too.... ?

It's not going to be within the United States.

@vita don't give up yet. The Constitution can be revitalized but its only as good as the involvement of its electorate.

It's the silent majority which will decide the future of the USA, and maybe the world by association. And that's what the Trump-Republican team is hoping won't happen. If they're right, and the silent stay silent, Americans will get what Trump and Republicans want to give them. And that i hunch won't be what they want or need.

Avoidance never works for long without negative consequences, and in politics it doesn't work at all.

them's fightin' words, josephr. That is the RIGHT attitude going into the 2018 election cycle. This is going to be an uphill battle but its worth fighting.

@crazycurlz YUP! LLOL It's the words i used when we got rid of our Ex-prime Minister Stephen Harper, very much a Donald Trump wanna-be. And with so many others across Canada, we got rid of that oligarch. I'm with you in spirit.

@josephr cool

???

Qualia Level 8 June 27, 2018

MAGA baby! Why couldn't have waited? Hope Ginsberg hangs in there.

appointed by a republican he wanted a 'republican' to name his successor.

@crazycurlz I realize that but one would think he would have a developed sense of judgement and would not put the Supreme Court and the future of the country at such risk. If it were a normal presidency I could go along with it. But this is obviously anything but a normal presidency.

@Dingodog maybe he was paid off.

We're going into retrograde.

With you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.