Agnostic.com

24 3

I am sure everyone can equate sex and procreation, sex and love, can you equate sex and recreation?

#sex
jlynn37 8 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That the only sex I have. I don't want kids, never have, fixed that problem. Love... Well that doesn't seem to be in my cards and that's fine with me. So all I'm left with is option 3 or become celibate... O.o I'll stick with recreation.

Good for you my dear. It is a joy and pleasure of life any way it happens.

Not intentional, but that's exactly where I am too.

It was called the 70's and 80's! I was there! It was wonderful!

me too!

The sexual revolution and I was there too.

@jlynn37 Don't you love a revolution with no guns? ?

@jlynn37, @walklightly Those were the days!

If I ever have sex again, it'll only be for recreation.
I'm not interested in the other two.

My sentiments exactly and I have felt that way all my life.

Have you heard this one? *"Three engineers are having lunch and discussing what kind of engineer God is. The mechanical engineer says, "God must be a mechanical engineer, look at the complex structures of the body!" The electrical engineer says, "No, look at the electrical processes of the body, which the brain could not operate without, he must be an electrical engineer." The civil engineer says, "You're both wrong, he had to be a civil engineer. Who else would run a waste line through a recreational area?"

No, tell it to me.

R 😀 FL!

I have to say cerebral intercourse is stimulating.

ha! i love this 🙂

When I had a vasectomy in 1998, my friend, who was also my GP, Clapped me on the back and said, "My friend, you are now a Recreational Vehicle." I laughed really hard, and I'm sure that made it hurt more when the anesthesia wore off.

NerdyB Level 4 June 27, 2018

That is fantastic. I had a t-shirt that stated "Vasectomy, all juice and no seeds"

that's me, a laughing recreational vehicle since 1997 🙂

I have to at least like the person before I have sex with them. Haven't and won't procreate. This planet already has too many people and too many kids that need parents. Trying to figure out what love is.

Good Luck. I wish you well and success in finding what you are searching for here and in your life.

sometimes its great to have sex with someone you've never met before, will never meet again. Names are for labels lol

adventure sex

btroje Level 9 June 27, 2018

No. I cannot.

I've enjoyed sex, of course. But I could never simply equate it to recreation. It has to be an expression of love, affection, or intimacy for me.

I could laugh at the silliness of it. I could cry because of the passion of it. But I personally cannot treat it as simple exercise or fun. It was, and always has been special to me. An exercise of trust and caring and empathy.

Honestly I'm a little envious of those that could treat it more casually. But then again, I like that it's more of a spiritual connection for me. I so rarely have that kinda feeling from other things.

SirJet Level 5 June 28, 2018

I think a good many, if no most, women feel this way.

At my age no .I have been happily married for 60 years .How much sex and recreation do people my age desire .But as far as a cerebral connection (love ) This is far more desirable

granny Level 6 June 27, 2018

I hope you receive all the " cerebral connection (love)" you desire and need, along with the rest of us.

Good for you! I love hearing that somebody is still happy with their partner after so many years. That is not an easy feat for most people.

yes, home entertainment

btroje Level 9 June 27, 2018

absolutely, & i reckon that's the aspect of sex i'm actually missing most. i find the wish to procreate rather lame in this day & age, & love is available on so many other levels... but the recreational part, hmmm, that's quite irreplaceable.

Oh, yeah, totally.

Logically, I would say of course. But emotionally I guess I'm old fashioned. I like it to mean something between the participants other than just sex. My heart gets involved. I had some one-night stands when I was a young man, and they just weren't satisfying like sex with someone you love.

Thank you for your input.

Yes. Like anything in nature, sex serves multiple purposes. I'm always amazed at people who call sex a sin, even when it's with one person for your whole life. Yes, some catholics actually still believe that sex with your husband or wife is a sin.

Sex can be for procreation, or it can be for bonding as a couple, or it can simply be a fleeting moment of pleasure and release shared between two people who really don't want or need anything else from each other.

You have understood the OP and I agree.

That's like asking what is the difference between naked and nekkid. Bwahahaha

I'm good with sex in Parks & Recreation ~

Yes! That sounds wonderful!

Uses about 300 calories, and aerobic if you do it properly......

what about improperly?

@jlynn37 sky's the limit!

@jlynn37 Even better!

@Sticks48 Certainly can be and the possibilities are almost limitless.

Sex as recreation is pleasurable alright. It is like self-pleasuring with (mutual in best of events) assistance and/or use of someone else. It even passes for a 'sex life' for many people. Nothing evil or harmful about it; save as being a detour that never ends on the way to an unknown destination. At least one is traveling. 🙂

Procreation is out for me because I'm beyond that and didn't want to be a parent, anyway. I would combine love and recreation -- or at least like and recreation: I have to be with someone I know and like -- doesn't have to be a relationship, but if I enjoyed being with them it could be recreational, because I still need to feel a connection with them beyond just physical. Because sex with someone I don't know or don't like would just be a chore.

I can agree with part of what you say, but recreational sex is exciting, pleasurable and satisfying with ANYONE a far as I am concerned.

@jlynn37 Maybe it's more a guy thing to not need a connection, though I do know some women who feel that way. To each his own. I find it a turn-off.

Recreational sex is what encouraged males to support and protect females (and their offspring), and was thus an evolutionary advantage.

And still is I believe.

I have procreate as a result of having sex. I have had sex with people I love. And I have had sex just fur fun.so yes I have had sex for recreation . Isn't that what drives us to sex in the first place?

We can and we do. The trick is to emotionally separate the activities that you share at home with the activities that you share with others at parties and events. Frankly I love seeing Mrs Flettie being entertained by other gents. As long as its all safe and consensual - its all good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117189
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.