Agnostic.com

27 16

What has been the dumbest religious comment/response/statement you have ever heard personally?

Mine happened this week and I'm still shaking my head about it.
My kids and I spent Xmas in New Orleans and spent xmas eve watching the lighting of the bonfires on the Levee.

A coworker asked me about it when I got back and I was explaining the pagan tradition of the bonfires and said, "..before the church turned the winter solstice celebrations into Christmas..."
She cut me off and said, "December 25th has ALWAYS been Christmas"
I said, "No it hasn't, but as I was saying...
She immediately said, "Yes it has, check your calendar."

She is a professional healthcare provider with advanced degrees and her answer was "check your calendar".

I had to walk away because I really wanted to smack her in the back of the head.

Crimson67 8 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's a great example of just how close minded and shall I say IGNORANT Christians can be. I would have gotten into her face but I think smacking her upside her head would have been more satisfying. 😉

SamL Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

It is proven you can Educate Ignorance into People. And that is the Hardest to Remove.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11727
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.