Agnostic.com

13 2

why does this exist

I'm slightly panicking. Why does this site make you have to talk in a forum? I'm an introvert, trying online dating. I am horrible with controversy; hopefully this will get me to level two, and I can interact with a  potential  relationshiph/friendship one on one. I hope somebody talks to me more.

Amcnew 3 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All interactions are easier with whiskey!

You don't have to - if you prefer, just read and like other people's posts, which will soon get you to L2. I'd be happy to have a chat sometime 🙂

Jnei Level 8 June 27, 2018

While this is advertised as a "dating site", it seems to me to be more casual socializing. I guess it's how you use it.

Strictly speaking this isn't a dating site, it just happens to have aspects of that

If you like someone send them a private chat. I was told this and I have thought about it and it is true being introverted does not mean you are shy it just means you have not encountered the right person to enjoy your thoughts with. In your introduction explain your status and that you are private.

azzow2 Level 9 June 27, 2018

Hey there cool attractive atheist lady from Oklahoma!

I doubt you'll get in to many quarrels on here. Everyone is pretty friendly and supportive. It isn't like we are fighting about religion or anything...

Do your best and just throw in where it feels good to. You might be pleasantly surprised!

So, welcome!

Thank you,Oklahoma is a difficult place to not love Jesus. My child is already questioning christianity, and if it’s real. I try my best, to be attractive that is.

@Amcnew Did you grow up out there or move there?

For reference, this did not give me to level two.

Amcnew Level 3 June 27, 2018

read what Jnei said

I am also feeling this way right now. What an interesting but strange site.

Mweuot Level 2 July 18, 2018

I ask myself this question as well.

Try me. I'll debate all day long! I'm good for practice! 😀

Hi, Amc, and welcome to the website,

The purpose of this website seems to be to avoid the mindless hook up culture and let intellectual people develop friendships first by interaction and discussion, for the purpose of forming real relationships. The point system is to reward and encourage people in that direction.

This website has a bit of a learning curve so here is some information that might be helpful for dating here.

New members are encouraged to earn points, and help other members get to know them better, by writing an informational profile that includes their hobbies and interests, and answering all the profile questions, since that's the first place many people look when they see a new member.

The website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Also many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find compatible partners.

People make comments and write their own posts to earn more points and privileges; for instance, at level two someone can private email people. There are different perks with each level, and when you reach level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

To find members near you, click on the "Meet" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Or click on the "About" button at the top of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Click on the 'Meet" button to find member matches

Levels are mostly a way to help identify and reward those who contribute to the growth of the community. The website also gives more access and benefits depending on level.[agnostic.com]

Links to FAQ: [agnostic.com],
and a website tutorial: [agnostic.com]

you can look for groups of like mindedness, smaller venue

btroje Level 9 June 27, 2018

I've never been in a forum and have reached level 5 in a couple months. I'm not here for dating, but I occasionally post or comment on others posts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.