Agnostic.com

9 0

Religious Oppression of Women

What is the reason for the hostility toward women in most religions?

Benmonk 6 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In Christianity, misogyny is baked into the creation myth (Eve eats forbidden fruit). The Greeks also believed that a woman, Pandora, introduced evil into the world. Christians could not believe Jesus was married, so Mary Magdalene becomes a whore. Patriarchal religions create a distrust of women which creates an avenue for their subjugation.

Yet another reason I believe all religion is evil.

Small parts, ugly faces, jealous of those who are strong. It all starts with the Bible and the patriarchal order.

Goat Level 5 Dec 31, 2017

Control. 1) of the labour and produce of women. 2) of the offspring 3) ultimately of the society. Various studies are showing that the fastest way to reduce both poverty and birthrates is to educate women and girls. Equally there is a significant link between poverty and high levels of belief. So women free to participate equally in society fairly quickly lead to a loss of power and status for the priests.

Go Read the "Alphabet Vs The Goddess" by Leonard Shlain. Or, watch this lecture from him.

Thank you for this!! I don't have time to watch it now, but it is now on hold at my library!

Men innate fear of women... We bleed every month for most of our lives and do not die from it...scares men shitless...

Because Religions are controlled by Men, Power is The Great Corruptor.

It probably stems from the physical superiority of men over women - such as back in the stone age where these religions currently live.

Origin if patriarchy. Once we figured out the mechanics of reproduction and men understood that their mates' children were actually their own as well, women as reproductive objects were put under control. Lions figured this out much earlier. A lion taking over a pride kills the cubs and starts from scratch.

I have seen videos of lionesses killing the so called lion king.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.