34 5

Bread Preference

What is your bread preference?

Wheat Bread or Whole Grain.

Perhaps you prefer,

White Bread made from Bleached flour.

If you are anything like me, you grew up with your mom
making sandwiches from a loaf of white bread

Out of habit, i like white bread, however for health reasons i choose to eat wheat and whole grain.

What is your preference?

• 32 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 37 votes
twshield 8 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I bake my own Artisan bread. I share it a lot, but consume it in moderation.

The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead.

My favorites are Zucchini Bread....Banana Bread....Pumpkin Bread....home-made and fresh out of the oven.....yum..... 🙂

I'm really picky about bread. I started baking 6 loaves of bread once a week when I was about 17 and did that for 15 years or so. I made all kinds of breads, oatmeal, potato, raw sunflower seed, wheat sprouts, and I made whole wheat with fresh ground wheat. I had a grinder and ground it myself.

For the most part, I don't like commercial breads. The one bread I'll buy is an Italian bread. At least it isn't just squish.

Potato bread

@twshield l am really sorry you have to deal with that. Not to rub it in, but it makes the best toast.

@twshield l would too. I gave up beef and pork. I miss them occasionally, but l got used to it.

All around the country coast to coast,
People always say what do you like most,
I don't wanna brag, I don't wanna boast,
I always tell 'em I like toast.

YEAH TOAST! YEAH TOAST!

I get up in the mornin' bout six AM,
Have a little jelly, have a little jam,
Take a piece of bread put it in the slot,
Push down the lever and the wires gets hot,
I get toast.

YEAH TOAST! YEAH TOAST!

When the first caveman drove in from the dregs,
Didn't know what would go with the bacon and the eggs,
Must have been a genius got it in his head,
Plug the toaster in the wall,
Buy a bag of bread,
Make toast.

YEAH TOAST! YEAH TOAST!

Now there's no secret to toasting perfection,
There's a dial on the side and you make your selection,
Push to the dark or the light and then,
If it pops too soon press down again,
Make toast.

YEAH TOAST! YEAH TOAST!

Oui monsieur bonjour coquette,
Uh huh croissant e chevy corvette,
Maurice chevalier effeil tower,
Oh oui maria bagette bon soir,

FRENCH TOAST! FRENCH TOAST!

Cowboy, Enron, longhorn steer
Barbara, Jenna, and George W.
143 executions

TEXAS TOAST! TEXAS TOAST!

In Chicago or in Indianapolis, Indiana

YEAH TOAST! YEAH-EAH-EAH-EAH TOAST!

Heywood!

You should credit Heywood Banks for that! 🙂

@SkotlandSkye yes, Heywood Banks gets full credit for it lol.

@Secretguy have you heard "Orange Barrels" or "Spaghetti" by him

@McWalsoft I always heard him when I lived in Indy years ago...hardly ever now. I should youtube him. I loved the one about the Indy 500. And "Flies eyes".

Indian (Native American) fry bread.

t1nick Level 8 June 29, 2018

Yum!

Although Indian "nan" is not too bad either.

Love bread! Home made bread especially right out of the oven.

12 grain or wheat

Challah!

Jnei Level 8 June 29, 2018

I love a good focaccia bread, soft doughy bagels, and a nice soft Italian bread (especially with a meat sauce). My mother used to have a bread machine where she made some pretty good bread too.

Now I’m hungry.

Used to love baking bread from scratch. Something wonderful about kneading and feeling your way to the perfect consistency, braiding it, the egg wash with poppy seed sprinkles and the home baked smell. I gave up bread a few years back with no regrets.

@twshield I certainly am no longer able to digest it...maybe never could but, grew up with it.

I have a weakness for white bread....but for health reasons..generally I will stick with brown wholewheat or wholegrain bread.
But I LOVE Toast ...and that just has to be white.

Another exception is rustic French bread and baguettes..white again...

Mmmmmnnnnn....cinnamon toast on white bread!!!

@BlueWave yes I also have a weakness for toasted cinnamon bagels...?????

French. Unfortunately, there is no good french bread where I am.

Mais no! Quel dommage! Gateaux puet etrě?

I like whole grain. I used to get Subway cheese steaks on 9 grain honey oat before I quit patronizing Subway. I loved that damned bread too.

JimG Level 8 June 29, 2018

I LOVE ALL BREAD!!!!!!

For my everyday toast in the morning it’s only Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Seeds and Grains.

Love the brown bread at Outback, and the brown and white bread at The Cheesecake Factory.

I don’t buy regular white sandwich bread. But I love (white) French, sourdough, etc. with meals, and subs, burgers, whatever buns. Brioche for French toast.

Sourdough, rustic bread - I use a mix of white (bread) flour and whole wheat to bake mine, so voted other.

Of course, there are the quick breads (eg banana bread) as well....make a whole wheat banana bread as well.

Since others are posting photos....

Gluten free unfortunately. Wheat makes me ill and miserable. I don't wanna be that person. But I am.

@Storybook

Some of it is nice. It costs a bleeding fortune though. I know that.

I sometimes make sourdough rye bread. But not very often, because it's a huge hassle.

@Storybook

Thank you. That's a nice comment. 🙂

I have been off white bread for a while.

These days I usually go with a olive oil, honey and whole wheat recipe. I do put 1/2 cup of white flour and 2 tbsp of milk powder in to make the bread lighter and give more texture (I think from the added protein).

RichCC Level 8 June 29, 2018

Real Germn Bauern Brot ( rye bread).

Whole grain. White bread doesn’t agree with me anymore and I do like the whole grain bread. Bread is so expensive anymore I go to a discount bakery and get what’s available that I like. Have a loaf of rye in the freezer right now. One slice cut in half is enough for a sandwich.

Amish White

mt49er Level 7 June 29, 2018

Whole Grain.?

Coldo Level 8 June 29, 2018

I usually settle in on some whole grain white but that maybe cheating

Like you Tim, I grew up eating sandwiches on white bread. (Wonder)
I still get white every once in a while just to mix things up, but mostly it's wheat.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118665
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.