Agnostic.com

1 1

So, why I am an atheist? For two reasons. I strongly disbelieve in the "unlimited" deities. But "unlimited" I mean, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, etc. But "limited" I mean powerful, intelligent, caring, etc. I lack belief in the later. I strongly disbelieve in unlimited deities because of the evil and suffering in this world. How does one reconcile an all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving being with evil and suffering? If a being has the power, know-how and compassion to prevent evil and suffering, isn't that being criminally negligent in failing to do so? As for the "limited" deities, I have to ask: where is the evidence that any of them have revealed themselves? Okay, so maybe a divine being isn't all-powerful and all-knowing: but what evidence has such a being left behind or produced that would want us to infer such a being's existence? None that I can see! Unless I see compelling evidence then I seriously doubt limited divine beings exist!

MrSkeptic78 4 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep. Let'em all go!

skado Level 9 Dec 31, 2017
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11876
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.