Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Supreme Court deals major blow to public employee labor unions

"It is hard to estimate how many billions of dollars have been taken from nonmembers and transferred to public-sector unions in violation of the First Amendment," Alito wrote. "Those unconstitutional exactions cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely."

repubatheists 7 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is interesting. If it went retroactive would the fees need to reimburse? On the converse is it going to make unions have to increase the regular dues and what effect will that have?

azzow2 Level 9 June 30, 2018

Actually, without union representation, the lower wages and abusive working conditions would more than ‘make up’ for the cost of those dues… But that’s incalculable, whereas ‘dues’ are/ were..

@Varn I have worked for unions both on the east coast and west coast in the east the unions actually protect the workers in the west coast the unions collect the dues and throw the worker under the bus.

@azzow2 I once worked in a private union as well, and got treated fairly.

This just legalizes workplace welfare!!!

MarkF Level 5 June 30, 2018

Pesky unions looking out for workers. As opposed to politicians

Thank goodness for the block option.

While I generally have no qualms with private sector unions, I firmly think taxpayer-funded unions should not even exist. Glad to hear they got a blow dealt to them, about time they get challenged.

Isn’t it great! (I recognize your collar). Now representation can plummet and union membership can disappear! ‘Scalito’s’ puppeteers’ dream! Perhaps, soon, we can migrate to Central America for work during our winters ..and they’ll be no need for them to come up here!

Siding with the oppressors often has temporary benefits … until they’re lost, too.

Varn Level 8 June 30, 2018

Damn unions! Trying to give those that do the work decent wages, health care, overtime, vacation pay, sick leave, safe work conditions, 2 work breaks a day, a pension. Who do they think they are banning child labor. They created the prosperous middle class. Damn unions!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119276
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.