Agnostic.com

6 9

Your explanation to your spouse.... Where was he?

Where was god in all this... is the question i asked my wife. I said one of your husbands was a college graduate athlete body builder ball player with potential when you married him. He supported you untill he got sick. You had to get a job with insurance to cover his illness. For months you had to rush home to take your turn watching over him while his mom went to her house to rest. Years later he finally died and you almost lost it. How often did you ask god to save him? She and another guy moved in together and she had to leave him because he wouldn't take care of himself. He eventually died by his own negligence. With other comparisons im finally getting a message out there. Im not getting that look anymore. She still misses the good work her and her girlfriends did for the homeless. I was fixing to get her involved with care help. Problem is they are a christian organization. She stop going to church because of me. They want your religious background there. Its hard for her sometimes. Non religious people are listed as antichrists... such a big nasty word for an ignorant person.

BucketlistBob 8 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

God is the same place he has been since forever. Nowhere.

arnies Level 7 July 10, 2018

That's the truth.

Maybe look for a local chapter of the Atheist Alliance for her to volunteer with, they do a lot to help the homeless with out and religious strings attached [atheistallianceamerica.org]

Thank you.

The ignorant love to attach negative labels to what they don't understand, or don't want to understand.

A big part of the problem is that they don't know they're ignorant, in fact, they're convinced you're the ignorant one.

Its sad Paul. Hell... I was one of them maybe 4 years ago.

@BucketlistBob It's ironic really.
We hear the devout proclaiming how they have "seen the light" when in actuality dropping our religious baggage is for many, the first time they have stepped from the darkness.

Goodness. That makes me angry. Theists attaching strings on compassion. They are such hypocrites.

It's sad when people don't look after themselves. It drags people down.

I'm sure for the right price someone can arrange something for your kneecaps ??? Problem solved lol or try the bigger athiest websites they may be able to point you the right way

Huh??? I’m clearly missing something as I don’t see what his kneecaps or a different site has to do with his thought. Help?

@BlueWave if someone could take his kneecaps out she could look after him . As for other athiest sites there are plenty non profit. Places that need volunteers

@Simon1 Ohhhhhhhh!!!!

@BlueWave ps im not serious about the kneecaps

@Simon1 i saw lol.... so your trying to be funny? My wifes hardship with coming to terms and taking my kneecaps out? Help me understand the humour....

@BucketlistBob maybe i should have put ' but seriously instead of lol it would have probably worked betterin conversation than in text . The first bit being a passing comment and the second bit giving u a serious answer

What did your wife say?

Say about what?

@BucketlistBob "Where was god in all this... is the question i asked my wife."

@joeymf86 same here...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.