Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK Ruling against Truth: NIFLA v. Becerra - TheHumanist.com

Although this case was framed as a free speech case, it’s also an Establishment Clause case, and therefore a humanist case. By letting so-called “medical professionals” use their religious beliefs to obstruct the advancement of public health, the Supreme Court has knocked down quite a few bricks of the now-shaky wall between church and state. Regardless of your feelings about abortion, we humanists have a responsibility to ensure that people’s personal religious beliefs do not affect the proper functioning of the state. Therefore we must fight back against these CPCs and make sure religious advocacy doesn’t prevent women from getting the information they need to make the best decisions possible for their bodies and their lives.

zblaze 7 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@ MW

Can you imagine if men had wombs. There would be abortion clinics everywhere.

Most like in every church.

I couldn't agree more, but I am not encouraged the way the USA is headed in regard to church-state issues.

In my opinion, conservatives, particularly the evangelicals who have taken over the GOP, have little or no concern or respect for the Constitution. It is just a "godless" document that must be replaced with "biblical" law and it is anybody's guess who and how that will be interpreted.

@AncientNight They want to impose their "interpretation" of "biblical" law. What ever that is.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120018
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.