Agnostic.com

46 4

Which movies have you watched more than once and enjoyed them every time?

For me, there are just four movies that I've watched multiple times and enjoyed each and every time: "Harold and Maude", "Romeo and Juliet" (Franco Zefferelli's version), "The Music Lovers" (about Tchaikovsky) and "On Golden Pond". Yeah, I know, I just revealed myself to be a bit of a buttercup. Oh, well. Pass the box of tissues, please!

RobLawrence 7 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For me it has to be great SF like:

2001 A Space Odyssey

The Martian

I loved Kubrick

I have seen it some 25 times (well, at least the dawn of time sequence, and I never grow tired. I love this movie is an understatement!

@RobLawrence I respectfully disagree. 2010 was quite a letdown for me. Both as a book and a movie but the movie was more a letdown. It just didn't have the magic and philosophical insight as 2001. I remember seeing 2001 in theaters when it was first released. Kubrick was a master and was under appreciated at the time though now I believe people realize that.

The five which immediately come to mind are my two favourites MASH and The Goodbye Girl, followed closely by Miracle on 34th St. (1947 version), Catch 22, and Sleepless in Seattle.

@5082gregory Yes, Dreyfus and Mason were both brilliant, and he was the youngest actor to ever win an Oscar for his role as you probably know. I also thought child actor Quinn Cummings as Paula's daughter was amazing.

So many!
The Princess Bride
The Fifth Element
Blazing Saddles
... among others.

Blazing Saddles took farts out of the closet

@Millerski25 so many good things in that movie!

A few of my favorites to watch repeatedly, in no particular order:

• Casablanca
  • The Wedding Singer
  • The Matrix
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Young Frankenstein

Overboard, Tremors, Star Wars, Back to the Future, Galaxy Quest, Clueless, Groundhog Day, The Gods Must be Crazy, etc.

Overboard and Groundhog Day are next on my list. Can watch both from any point in the movie!

The Ghost and Mrs Muir

Pook Level 5 July 1, 2018

Excellent

The wall,tuck everlasting,to kill a mockingbird,the long hot summer

@roblawrence thankfully a savy reviewer saved me the trouble with a response much like yours

Oh brother where art thou. Rocky horror picture show

@RobLawrence Its so bad its great! You will be on your feet dancing the time warp before you know it.

My Name is Nobody

Hot Wheels World Race. I can recite the whole movie.

The Gold Rush
Captain Blood
Modern Times
The Awful Truth
Ninotchka
Now Voyager
Casablanca
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
I Remember Mama
High Noon
Shane
Singin' in the Rain
Roman Holiday
Rear Window
Forbidden Planet
Anatomy of a Murder
Charade
Jaws
Annie Hall
Manhattan
Goodfellas

Agreed love to see some movies over and over again, LOTR, 2001 Space Odessey, the good the bad and the ugly to name a few, seems great movies never get tiring

The Fifth Element, Jumanji, Pleasantville, Birdcage, Indiana Jones movies, and several Pixar movies.

A Streetcar Named Desire, Sunset Boulevard, Night of the Hunter, Rosemary's Baby, Lolita, Desperately Seeking Susan, Napoleon Dynamite, Rushmore and The Big Lebowski

Stir Crazy, Blazing Saddles, Parenthood, Revenge

AHHHH, Parenthood....the scene where the lights go out and he's looking for a flashlight in her bedroom! ALWAYS makes me laugh!

The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Office Space, High Fidelity, About a Boy, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Love Actually, and Prairie Home Companion....oh yeah, and Dogma.

You only named 3 i don't have in my own collection

Chicago, Auntie Mame, Fried Green Tomatoes, 6th Sense, The Great Debators....so many more. It was fun to think about all of them. Thanks.

Pappioln and sorry got to say it you will probably punch me but star wars

Excellent film

Goodbye Girl

Lets see.. Sliding Doors, Notting Hill, The Shining, Four Weddings and a Funeral, spirited away. I'm sure I'm missing some.

So many. So so many. (And many more I need to re-watch)

Casablanca
The Big Chill
The Empire Strikes Back
Chasing Amy
Blade Runner
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Moulin Rouge
Strictly Ballroom
The Wrath of Kahn
ID4 (just watched it last night) (despite the damed triangulation from one point scene 😉 )
Back to the Future

Ozman Level 7 July 5, 2018

As Good as it Gets
Bridget Jone's Baby
Sleepless in Seattle
The Big Chill

"The Birdcage" starring Nathan Lane and Robin Williams
You've Got Mail
My Cousin Vinny

Waking Ned Devine
"Pride and Prejudice" starring Kiera Knightley
The Full Monty
Made of Honor

When Harry Met Sally
Morning Glory
The Fabulous Baker Boys

Strictly Ballroom
Slumdog Millionaire

Goodfellas, Paul, They Live, The Day the Earth Stood Still, God Bless America (written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait), Now and Then, Ghost World, Let Me In, What We Do In the Shadows, and These Final Hours.

All the lord of the rings movies and dancing with wolves.

CasaBlanca,High Noon, almost all film noir, To Kill A Mocking Bird, The Graduate, all Akirazowa films,.... I hate to admit this but Cadfie Shack....A Streetcar named desire, again I hate to admit this not being a fan of the south but anything by TennesseeWilliams. Like everyone else I could go on and on

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120264
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.