Agnostic.com

55 2

What’s the worst or most boring job you’ve ever had?

Lol I won’t deny that when I worked briefly as a greeter was probably one of my most boring.

EmeraldJewel 7 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've honestly never had a job that I considered boring. But my worst was for a certain large bank that had intense sales pressure and got into some trouble (mostly just some bad publicity) for the results.

After a 45 minute berating from my DM, less the 15 minutes she spent on a conference call while I sobbed as quietly as possible in front of her, I put in my notice. I thought about walking out, but I needed to do it right to get my vacation payouts and all that. I had a nice little breakdown after that, didn't work for awhile. Definitely wasn't suited to the job.

I've had 30 to 40 jobs. Off the top of my head. Assembling printers. I can't stand being a fucking robot.

Target

My first 40 hr/week job was with this company called Cactus Pipe and Supply. They bought raw pipe from Japan. They just threaded the ends of the pipe, added a connection collar and tested the pipe under pressure. I had just finished High School 3 months earlier. The other guys working there were High School dropouts. The way I saw it, I outclassed those idiots. When I told my boss I was quitting, he said "There are opportunities here." Riiiiight. I went back to TEC (Texas Employment Commission, today called Texas Workforce Commission ) and found a drafting job where they were looking for beginners just out of High School. It was a good decision.

Night supervisor in the machine shop. If I can get 4 hours of work done in a 10 hour shift then it would be great.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.