Agnostic.com

6 1

How much does it cost to fix a clutch?

The car is worth about £500, 2002 landrover freelander, would cost me £1500 to replace though. MOT is till February, would it be worth repairing? Also it appears I'm shit out of luck, so if you can have any lying around send it my way! ?

Josephine 7 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't hate me for this play on words:

"Probably more than you have in your clutch at the moment"

🙂

$500 average

When it comes to repairs of any kind, we always refer to the ratings on Angie's List. It's now free, but the free version isn't as good as th paid (subscription) version. In any case you can fidn reviews of local businesses to find an honest mechanic who is reasonably priced in you area.

I guess there's not many alley mechanics to do it cheaper or has the technology gotten to intense for DIYer's.

@NickNakorn In the 60's I built and raced a 64 Chevy stockcar and later built a drag strip superstock Ford. Seemed easy to do then. Now I have an 2005 BMW X5 and every time it needs something or acts up I have to refer the the Bentley book or google search. Things and names I never have heard of.

How long is a piece of string ?

A clutch is not a major repair. As long as the transmission is ok.

Whoa...
Decision time!
What are you going to do?

@Josephine
Sell the car, buy the dog !

@Josephine
Now you talking my language. Make sure the saddle comes with the dog ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.