Agnostic.com

6 10

Not seeing the "Like" button?

It's due to the AdBlock plug in. We're working on a fix but to whitelist Agnostic.com in AdBlock:

1. While on Agnostic.com, click on the "thumbs up" AdBlock icon in the upper right corner of Chrome session

2. Select "Don't run on pages on this site"

Admin 9 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Bierbasstard @bingst @Cutiebeauty This is the post I was talking about, but I don't know how to share links for posts. The issue Admin mentioned above is one I'm still experiencing and can't believe I'm the only one who notices such. All I know is AdBlock couldn't be the only thing getting in the way.

Oh... The only time I can't see the likes is when I choose to block images... No graphics are displayed... It's like text mode....

I don't use AdBlock. Firefox has a builtin content blocker, which I have disabled for this site. I am however using Privacy Badger.

@Admin, regarding linking to posts that Spike mentions, how about a button that copies the q: link to the clipboard?

Aha! That makes sense.

I got around this using my adblock block blocker.

All the more reason to use the App.

I agree and I use the Android app like you do, and still experience the minor bug mentioned above, so AdBlock Plus could not be the only factor in causing said bug.

A better way is to uninstall the adware that is giving you pop up ads... toolbars, coupon apps, etc. There is nothing for free, freeware comes with a price... adware...

Click on the upper right hand corner of WHAT? scratches head

I don't see an "AdBlock" icon anywhere. In the upper right corner of this post, I see a purple "up" arrow and the word "Next."

Please use plain English.

AdBlock is an add-in that some users (such as me) install to help filter the ads and pop-ups on websites so that only the content is viewed. It is generally very good, but occasionally catches good content in its filters. While Agnostic.com is ad-free, the program is blocking the like icons in threads.

When AdBlock is active, the icon (found at the upper right corner of a Chrome browser) looks like the one below. The Thumbs Up icon is green and indicates that AdBlock is actually paused or turned off for the site.

If you don't have AdBlock installed as a Chrome Extension, you won't see this.

The first question is - are you seeing the "Like" button on threads?

If no, are you using AdBlock in Chrome? If Yes, see solution above.

If no again, there is another issue interfering with the like button for you.

Tried to edit the post above...but don't see how to add a second photo while editing. Here is what the icon looks like within a browser window (not mine, an image from the web)

@RPardoe

Thank you for your explanation. I use McAfee Anti-Virus Plus in my computer that also blocks pop-ups. Yes, I can see and use the "Like" button. Kathleen

@LiterateHiker If you see the "LIke" button, you can safely ignore this whole thread and move onto something more enjoyable!

@RPardoe
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

@LiterateHiker

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Another thing I really like about this site, no advertisements! Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120926
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.