Agnostic.com

806 60

How do you tell religious people that you're an atheist?

I live in America and am surrounded by Christians.
Whenever I talk about myself to religous people, I want to say ,"I am an atheist". Do you say that? Is there a better way?

Bingogwak 6 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

806 comments (801 - 806)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just say I'm not religious. Saves the confrontational judgment. In this culture, you're still judged as immoral if you don't believe in their myths. But, it is getting better. The younger generation seems to be more objective.

I bring it up with friends and answer fairly if they ask why. I think it’s important they have a good example of an out atheist to counteract the strawman and lies.

Good luck

Tell me who the eye witnesses were. How long after Jesus was supposed to have lived did a creditable witness appear? My understanding is it was many years, even many decades!

i think my feelings r private to me how i feel should show by how i live

I don't mention it around people I'm around briefly unless they are trying to "convert" me or something, at which point I just say, "I'm an atheist and I think all of that is completely ridiculous." For people that I am around regularly (coworkers, extended family etc.), I say pretty much the same thing. πŸ™‚

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.