Agnostic.com

53 10

What makes you break out your soapbox?

Sometimes on the topic of religion, I can get carried away and not even know it. My husband says "OK, you can put away the soapbox now" to cue me in that I've started ranting about it. My brother purposely tries to prod me into standing on my soapbox with issues like separation of church and state.

What topics get you standing on a soapbox? (Purposefully or not).

silvereyes 8 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a bad habit for me and not just with religion; guns, environmental issues, women's issues, and more. The one thing that really gets me going is that so many liberals, who are supposed to be open minded, actually being closed minded regarding some of their emotion based "causes".

My partner often reminded me I was speaking to the choir. I told her I know but was just thinking out loud. Now you guys get to be the 'lucky' recipients of my rantings.

I know what you are talking about. I take no political sides if they had a box for how I think, I would bet very few people would check the box. The biggest issue that no one ever addresses is how Congress and Senate is permitted to hold oil futures and stocks in companies that control our economy.Not saying that there should be a forbid on making money for them, there should be a cap on how much stocks, bonds and futures anyone of them can hold including family members.

When someone tells me that I can't do something because of their religion. That is not how how religious fredom works pal.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12109
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.