Agnostic.com

72 7

Does age matter to you when it comes to love or dating?

Follow up questions: Does age play a part in what you look for in a partner? Also do you feel a wider age gap poses issues?

BohoHeathen 8 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments (51 - 72)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I personally think it's gross when there is too much of an age difference. Like when a man in his mid 40s in a relationship with someone in their twenties. I can't get the idea that he's old enough to be her dad out of my mind. I had a 45 year old male friend that was living with a 22 year old. His daughter was 17. To me, it's just really wrong. In my 20s, I remember getting hit on by men in their 40s and all I could think about how gross it was because they were around the age of my own dad.

Age doesn't matter to me, it's just a number. It does matter to a lot of people

ugly Level 7 July 3, 2018

This topic is always so hit and miss, dependent on who you ask. Some people dislike the idea of an age gap due to being such and such age whenever they were born, their kids are of a relative age, etc. Relations are of a deeper meaning than the amount of years you've been in this world. In my opinion, as long as you're not crossing the borders of pedophilia, what's stopping you from experiencing love? Being young doesn't always dictate immaturity, just like being older doesn't always provide eclectic wisdom. Don't date someone just for their age. Find someone who you resonate with regardless of that and aspire to make a life with them.

I'm just me as I always was but trapped in an older body now. This causes me to have an attraction to younger women today even if I once had a partner who was much older. I feel that women my age are concerned with grandkids and things. By contrast I find that women younger than 35 usually have no realistic ideas on housing. I do "young man things" but not as younger people do them today. What I do is like I always did it in my time.

I tend to find that men my age are stoic, stubborn, sexist, and often racist who are afraid to leave their macho driven world of old. So I can relate to your statement about women your age who are only interested in 'grandkids and things'....

Maybe I don't know I know that at the end of life it can make quite a difference I see many very old couples where the woman is much younger than the husband and she still very active and wanting to be a part of life and he's so old that he's trying to remember to change his attends so I think the problems that you might have would show up at the end of your life

I think those gorgeous, young women with old, decrepit men are just along for the money. There are always exceptions of course. Just my demented opinion of course, flimsy though it may be.

To be honest about it I don't think it should but that's me

I perfer women younger, just not more than one generation younger because you don't share the similar memories . Dating 2 generation back means reading them bedtime stories.

I recalled only once in my life my relationhip was in an older than me lady dealio, was not that involved or important... didn't worked out to the point that it was to this day only break up without a friendly hug. I was 20 she was 5-6 years older, plus I had someone else she knew of and another she didn't. That little important. Maybe I am finally ready to deal with somebody older, certain my spread around days are no longer needed or desired. COMPATIBLE BEINGS. That is the goal for me... soulmate, kindred spirit, witness to my life to create a collective adventure. I will be her compliment and companion to her side, she will be my inspiration. But aging together is a priviledge only afforded by those closer in age, so do not fool yourself... reality of aging is real and constant but I am not looking for a future caregiver, all I need is a mate... a partner in love.

Its like buyiing Wine. You get better with Age and Appreciation.

I think age does not matter at all

Esse Level 3 July 3, 2018

Yes, it definately does for me as I am just 21 and I this I will only date someone with 3-4 years of gap on either side.

Yes, it does to me.

No,what about you.

Nope, not at all. There could be issues sure but issues can arise from many other sources. I have experience with very large age gaps.

Yes.

Coldo Level 8 July 3, 2018

Yes, it matters to me, in a sense that someone younger would likely want a faster pace to enjoy life (going out, having fun etc). If I cannot keep up with the pace then it's not fair for the younger person. On the other hand, if both have the same interests then age becomes less relevant but still within certain margin. Of course every story is different and unique.

Yes and yes. I've never had success with dating anyone more than 10 years younger. Seems appealing at first but I think many of them are out for money and / or a dad for their kids... I don't like dating women older than me. I get along best with women about 7 years younger, empty nesters or about to be or child-free...

There has to be a chemical / physical connection as well as an intellectual connection. Large age gaps tend to surface generational differences as well as different levels of life experience and wisdom.

But hey, whatever works for you.

I’d say it’s more about life experience, rather than age, when it comes to maturity and understanding. Age can be a factor in that. And based on my experience, it has been the case. Not to say correlation is necessarily causation, but I try to keep it within the 5 year range. Give or take a couple more/ less.
Wider gaps does seem to pose issues more than not.

Age doesnt really matter for me and here:

[sex4adult.com]

Of course, at the bare minimum legal age restrictions must be followed. That means no one under 18. Ever. For any reason.

Then there's my own personal age restriction for casual encounters, which is 23. I really don't even look for people that young to have flings with anymore, because as a 52 year old man, that kind of age difference is a bit.... groce.

As for anything long term, I really have little interest in seriously dating anyone under the age of 30. Anyone younger than that usually doesn't quite have their head quite screwed on straight yet, and I'm too old for that kind of drama.

I perfer women younger, just not more than one generation younger because you don't share the similar memories . Dating 2 generation back means reading them bedtime stories.

It does to them & since the current popular trend is generational based that's the way it flies, people see numbers before all other criteria predominantly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:121260
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.