Agnostic.com

24 4

Is everyone tired of talking about the weather?

It's hot and sweaty here in southeast Tennessee and pretty much over 2/3rds of the US. Whats the weather like where you are?

AstralSmoke 8 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, I'm tired of talking about age differences in relationships...

Annnd surprise! it's hot here. πŸ˜€

That topic wasn't on my agenda today, so all clear with the rain behind us.

Never. It’s the greatest topic in the history of small talk

It makes me feel like I'm at a barbershop.

@AstralSmoke I should get my hair cut more often

Ninety and dry. Its all hot

I have to say I was talking to a lifelong New Mexican that was complaining about the humidity. I was speechless. It is so dry here when it does try to rain it doesnt hit the ground . we are excited when we smell rain

I think I understand. I grew up in northern AZ. Once it went 8 months without 'measurable precipitation'. All my life any rain or snow has cheered me up -- even in Atlanta, Houston and Seattle. Ha, ha.

@btroje I love the smell of rain and the ions shouting about but I love the rain more!

How long have you lived in NM?

@AstralSmoke 12 years

@btroje Can the rainfall be varied from year to year? 18" isn't much!

90 feels like 101. In New Jersey where I have relatives it’s 99 feels like 109.

Wow, that's hot. Do they have AC?

@AstralSmoke Yes I keep it at 85. Lol

At our neck of the woods, I can't type fast enough....it was hot like hell and just now the world is coming to and end, the big flooding has started !!!!! ????? By the time I hit submit it will be probably snowing !!

Did you make it?

@AstralSmoke still here ????????

And on a more cheery note, I hear it's going to get worse.

Me too! I can hardly wait.

@AstralSmoke say what...lol. more snow in Louisiana...that would be great... maybe we'll have more than 3 seasons. A winter would be nice.?

@BucketlistBob You're doomed to remain at three. That's your allotment.

It's summer, it's Florgia.
Same as every other day.
It's fucking hot and humid.

There's normally a breeze, isn't there?

@AstralSmoke Occasionally.

@KKGator I thought it was normal. 😟

@AstralSmoke The wind usually picks up right before the afternoon storms roll through.

Ugh!

Also tired of hearing about the World Cup. ?

I haven't heard much about it, although I'm aware of it.

I wonder if that will create some tornadoes.

I didn't know they needed a reason. I'm glad I don't live in a trailer.

We have certainly had a few lately. Eureka almost got wiped off the map

For us the weather is a sort of a necessary obsession.

In middle AZ we are waiting for the monsoon rains. The government designated official start date is June 15th but we've only had one day of rain in the last couple of months.
NOAA says 20% rain chance this Fri then 40% Sat and Sun. We have our fingers crossed.

We do have the hot part covered though.

No water is worse!

There is no shortage of mosquitos here.

@Stacey48 When might that be?

@Stacey48 That's hardly fair. You don't get much rain or keep what you get!

We have a good bit of clay here as well with normally 6" of topsoil. If the clay has time to absorb the rain, that's optimum. Flash floods ... no way.

I'm not sure that readers will realize what that 'amazing system' means. In the greater Phx area every 100 or so square block set of houses has a 'park' that is dug 5 or 10 feet deep below street level to become a drainage lake when the rains finally come. It's to take the runoff that the clay ground won't.

I have to admit -- the system does seem to work well.

@RichCC That's great! Thanks for your clarification. I wasn't sure where it was running off to.

@Stacey48, @AstralSmoke -- In Tucson years ago (for all I know it's still this way) several major streets were designed to slope to the middle -- become canals -- and carry water out of the city at need. Also if you looked, all the freeway overpasses were marked in feet so you could decide if you wanted to try the water or not. Lol.

Desert water is an ongoing process.

It’s 108 with the heat index. We’re literally roasting here in Maryland.

And I feel so bad about the people and animals who have to live outside in this.

@Sydland I think it'll move to the east in a couple of days. We're forecasted for 97F (36C) tomorrow. More happiness on its way!

It's 103 here. I'm dying.

Kansas is almost all pink! Ugh!

90s-hot and humid. Inside in air conditioning.

Don't normally think about New England getting that hot, but I know it does. Good thing you have AC.

I have not met anyone HERE that has even mentioned the weather. Since it is ALWAYS part of your everyday existence, it is difficult to ignore it.

It's part of my everyday existence as well as a lot of other people on this site I'm sure. It's simply a good reason to 'talk' to people.

@AstralSmoke Agreed and some of us need all the help we can get in "breaking the ice".

@jlynn37 Are you referring to me? πŸ™‚

@AstralSmoke Of course not, I know nothing about you to make any statement at all, but if the shoe fits, wear it. LOL

@jlynn37 Sometimes it does, other times it doesn't. I have 'missed my chance' before. Made me feel pretty stupid.

@AstralSmoke I can relate my friend.

It’s raining in Montana and feels great

Montana sounds like a beautiful state to live in.

It’s the last best place in the 48 but don’t tell anyone

28c or 82f to you guys. Probably hotter than the US as we tend not to have AC. A hosepipe ban in northern Ireland and it looks like we might get one in the NW England. Good to see everyone in their summer cloths

Looks like perfect sleeping weather tonight!

I changed my mind I don't want to move anywhere that doesn't have AC

@LadyAlyxandrea There might be a few places: Iceland, the Scandinavian countries, places in Russia and some in the southern hemisphere. ?

Its downright sultry!

Come to the PNW. It's nice and cool.

That sounds like a wonderful invitation!

It's a breezy 21C here today, with the rest of the week looking to get up to 24C. So perfect temperatures for existing without AC which you almost never see in people's houses here.

Everything is cool about Holland!

Not really

It's almost terrible here in southern Louisiana...90 something and high humidity.

I can talk about the weather forever. Having a heatwave atm, 30C every day for over a week now. I love it.

London! Do you have an AC? I don't remember that many people thinking they were necessary.

@AstralSmoke We don't really bother with A/C here in private homes,thank goodness. For me heat isn't a problem until it gets above 35C.

Your answer was so direct, I forgot the question.

You seem to be correct! Who knew?

@AstralSmoke I hope I don't have to define meaning of "everyone" to you.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I was reading all these elaborate answers then came to yours. Had to go back to the top of the page and reread my question. That's pretty sneaky of you hiding your short, succinct answer among all the wordy ones!

@AstralSmoke should had google "everyone".

Visited my family in Southern Central Tennessee last week, and it was craziness. 90 to degree weather, alongside several tornadoes. I was driving through a hellacious storm, and about got taken off the road by people that panic through bad weather. This weather needs to stay one way or the other. I'm most definitely getting tired of it lol.

Sounds pretty exciting! I was driving a VW beetle in northeast Ohio one winter. The road crossed through a golf course, so when I hit the open course the wind literally threw me into a snow drift. Good ol' days!

@AstralSmoke Oh wow that's pretty crazy. At least you can sit back and reminisce about those times now. I'm sure it was pretty startling when it happened!

@Hollowbound It probably was. I think I was less phased then than now, being in my reminiscent phase. πŸ˜‰

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:121591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.