Agnostic.com

12 2

personally, not religious, obviously. but I do admit, it warms my heart when someone tells me "god bless you". because I know that it means something to them. does that make me some kind of a hypocrite?

SusieQ420 4 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You do know that a lot of them do that to spite you right? Kinda what you did to honeyde_09

"looking lovely there lady! oh, I guess I need to write at least 50 characters.... so bla bla bla bla bla bla lol"
By SusieQ420

That was messed up and uncalled for in my opinion. You trolled her cause you didnt like her picture really mature of you. And yes it makes you a hypocrite or it makes you an incompetent if you claiming to be an atheist.

it makes no sense

It makes you grateful. Bless your pea pickin heart dear. Hahahaha!!!!

It's the old saying "it's the thought that counts"
If I were playing pascal's wager I'd be pretty safe with the number of times I've been "blessed".

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 2, 2018

It gives you fare warning. I've had car salesmen tell me god bless you and try to take me to the cleaners. It's also a tool to manipulate you. Take a good look at that person and decide if its legitimate. Not all sheep are sheep. You've heard the story.

No, you're cool! 🙂

No. They're just words, if the intent behind them is genuine, they are positive. I say things like "God Bless" and "Jesus wept" regularly, not because of any literal belief, but because they are ritual words that give people comfort or express how I feel.

If it makes them feel good you can be heartened by it. When I was hospitalized on and off for 3 years and rehabbed in a nursing home I had people praying for me. It made me feel good to see them happy.

I think it's funny when non-belivers get grumpy when they are told "God Bless you" It's the same when people get huffy and puffy over being told Merry christmas or happy holidays.. Seriously Calm down people someone is wishing you well and that's what matters.. The words aren't important the message behind it is.

I disagree - nobody minds being wished happy anything - there's no god in that. It's when believers include an imaginary blessing/curse from a made-up power that it stinks.

@SusieQ420 - so you don't mind Allahu Akbar either?

@SusieQ420 eh again its just the thought behind it..Someone is wishing you well I totally get that and who has the time to always rebuttle people with "Don't say that I'm an atheist!" Honestly It just makes ya sound like a child.

Not accusing anyone of being a child mind you.

It means they think they have the power to make their god bestow favours on you. The epitome of arrogance.

No. It makes you a decent human being.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12163
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.