Agnostic.com

4 1

Khan Academy Experiences?

I am currently looking into redoing all of my STEM subjects to make sure I'm actually fluent in them, and Khan Academy is truly comprehensive when it comes to Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, and Maths but I've heard some reviewers have criticized his Maths program as sometimes being outright wrong in its teachings. Has anyone had any experience with this site, and if it does have those problems can you recommend a similar but better site from which I can learn Maths or even the other subjects?

I like Khan Academy due to its structuring it's subjects by grade level so I know definitely where I'm at but I'd prefer to get the best remedial lessons possible and don't want to waste my time on something that doesn't work or has wrong information.

Andrewp93 4 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use it for biotechnology if I need clarification on something my professor was unclear on or just didn't explain it well. I haven't used it yet for any other subject but I'm sure I will 🙂

as far as I remember their organic chemistry, Biology and some of their calculus was pretty good. It has been a while sine I have used them . I would just cross compare stuff on youtube videos too.

I find it a good source of review for a general overview of science, but its not really something of help when you are looking into something more specific. There are some other good sources if you are looking into Mathematics, or Physics. I would recommend possibly getting some books from a local library for reference if needed.

its a good way to get the basics of anything they offer but i don't remember their courses going into detail much

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1219
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.