Agnostic.com

27 10

Dealing with holiday loneliness

A part of me feels like I "should" be doing something on the 4th. Even if it's maybe just meeting a friend for dinner. But no one's around, and I've also been quite tired. I like to have plans, but sometimes I'll do something more because I'm relieved I don't have to be alone, and when I do that I don't even enjoy what I'm doing, even though I may work very hard to convince myself otherwise. I don't want to do that anymore... In past years sometimes I would try to go see fireworks or take part in some other sort of "celebrating," but I would just get worn out and discouraged, and the weather would be so hot it would also wear me down... Have to get past this idea that there's something wrong about spending a holiday doing something quiet and even being alone, because there's really nothing wrong with it... At one time maybe perhaps, when I was a loner, but not anymore... I may just call some friends tomorrow -- even if they're all out doing something, that's fine.

bleurowz 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The only thing worse than being lonely is realizing why you are lonely. People suck. I am currently living what I deem my year of devastation. I have no one to lean on and what friends I though I had turned out to be ..... well, concerned. But no one goes out of their way. Because I am having to rough, people figure it best to not bother me with things like invitations or phone calls. I don't get it either, because I'll tell you. I am a ray of fucking sunshine.

Your post was like watching paint dry. Now there are many who say that is a bad thing. I leave you to draw your own conclusions. But just think of everything that is happening on a molecular level when paint dries. You are watching Millions of cells change their state. That's pretty damn interesting but it don't look like much. One of the advantages of living in a town comprised me and my father who lived with his mother all his life. I would love to dress that up in some Southern Gothic Fairy Tail butt we were just dirt farmer crackers and I considered at a very young age finding for my cells on the streets of the city much preferable to the quotes Easy Living in the country full of its men.

I kind of have this hobby of trying to write the longest run-on sentence ever and you know you could just leave the periods out but that's not fair. It must maintain continuity... Challenge or do you get silly like that?

Just remember just a little nonsense now and then is appreciated by the wisest men. That of course is the artistic men meaning Life as a whole. But you figured that out I'm sure

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122083
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.