Agnostic.com

19 4

Would you share your weight loss journey on YouTube?

Leave your thoughts below and tell me why you would or wouldn’t. I thought about it, but I don’t know if I’d want to be a YouTuber.

EmeraldJewel 7 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would but I don't have a serious sequence of pictures of my journey. I've lost 60 lbs in the last 6 months through Weightwatchers.

Way to go! I'm down 45 since mid February.

My journeys are personal. To advertise and broadcast them cheapens them. Not everyone feels that way, but I would feel like a commercial posting my stories online.

Nope.
I wouldn't share anything on YouTube.

I can't think of one single thing I would want to share on YouTube. I am so tired of this narcissist culture where people feel the need to share every little thought/event/activity with the entire world. The desire for validation has become obscene. And even worse are the haters and trolls who make it a point to hurt those people daily. It is all too painful to witness.

dkp93 Level 8 July 4, 2018

Agree 100%! Only a friend suggested this so I came to this site to get other people’s opinions about this narcissistic culture.

I think we all seek validation and feed off of positive feedback. There are different degrees of attention seeking. I also think that things like that could help inspire others that are struggling with their weight.

I'm very glad there are YouTubers out there that share things...such as atheism. They helped me with my deconversion.

Hell, no. I don't need random strangers blowing up my comments to call me ugly. My brain does that to me enough.

IKR! I’m just considering taking pics of before and after so that I can see how far I come from, but only for me.

No. I am 100 lbs lighter than I was 5 years ago but would see no reason to make a video about it. Now it is a daily struggle to maintain that. So easy to put the weight back on. A 20 lb gain takes a few weeks and to lose it takes a few months.

Probably not, all that up dating and posting would drive me nuts. I wouldn't wanna keep up with something like You tube. Dont get me wrong its a great search tool for thousands of different things. Just wouldn't be for me

Lol that’s what I was thinking. All that uploading would drive me nuts! Ugh!

I would if i could sleep a straight 9 hours.

Yes I would. Be weird at first though.

I think it would be a good way to motivate you because it makes you have to stick to it. By posting it publicly you are now committed to it or be embarrass.

Why not if it encourages you to lose more weight ?

Having had a gastric bypass myself, I love watching success stories. If it helps you stay ontrack, go for it.

Miki Level 2 July 4, 2018

The trouble is, is that I’m already on track and determined to do this for me. Only a friend just recommended it.

Can’t imagine why you would even consider it.

A friend suggested it so I came to the site to see what anybody else thinks about it.

@EmeraldJewel Not a good idea. People are putting out too much info. What happens if the weight doesn’t come off as planned....keep it private. ?

@Marionville lol ikr then you’d make an ass out of yourself in front of the world lmfao!

There are some pretty nice closed groups to join on FB for fitness and weight loss. Or, you can start your own closed group where you can select a few people who want to do this with you. You can pics and videos so only your group sees. I would not do YouTube because it is way too ugly out there.

Id be more prone to follow versus sharing

I would if I could get someone to pay for my tummy tuck at the end of it all. I'm determined to get one. I have a goal weight....it's just so damn expensive.

Nope.

If I could loose the weight and keep it off yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122127
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.