Agnostic.com

14 21

LINK You're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you - The Oatmeal

Pay attention to how your feel. Here are the facts...

"The same part of the brain that responds to a physical threat, also responds to an intellectual one."

Stacey48 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love him. He created a card game called "Exploding Kittens" that I highly recommend, especially the NSFW version.

Mea Level 7 July 4, 2018

I got the game from the Kickstarter. I play it with my students when the are good and deserve some fun.

Well that would explain why people who are faced with an argument they can not answer become physically agitated and begin shouting.

Amazing. Glad I read through to the end. Shared on FB. Thanks Stacey. ☺?

Very good. I tweeted the link.

I did not fact check that but I'll start repeating it as gospel.

This is really interesting.

Really good..thanks..

I will listen to my little toe too..??

Meh.

@Stacey48 ...but there is also a word.

The Oatmeal is brilliant. When they are not too inappropriate for school, I will use some of the comics in my classroom. Lessons on grammar, interviewing for a job, etc.

@Stacey48 I'll probably use it at the beginning of the year. A little levity to get the students thinking. They certainly need to do more of that.

@Stacey48 Got it!

Brilliant!! Post of the Year!!! Cognitive Dissonance!!

Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance ~ Albert Eistein

Etre Level 7 July 4, 2018

Is that the same part that does long division?

godef Level 7 July 4, 2018

Cute. Batshit-fucking-bonkers (lol). The whole thing sounds like a paradigm shift to me. But what do I know? Lol

That was very good and accurate 🙂

For a "comic" it was very well presented & very accurate! Thanks for sharing!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.