Agnostic.com

42 3

Favorite Desserts

What is your favorite dessert when you were young and what is it now as an adult? Mine as a child was vanilla ice cream. As an adult it is Blueberry cheese cake.

onlyif 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm on a diet at the moment, so desserts are off the menu.

@JustKip

Ha ha!

Pecan pie (especially smothered in whipped cream) and cannolis. Then, now, forever! ?

Ever try a chocolate pecan pie from the Amish? Neither have I, but it looked and sounded amazing when I saw it on a menu when I was out by Intercourse, PA

@JerseyJam
Yes, I actually have! A friend of mine made one for me years ago for my birthday. It was super delish.

A Nutty Elise pie from my trip to Intercourse is probably my favorite dessert of the summer!!! It is so nutty and chocolatey, tastes amazing when it's warm and gooey and with a glass of milk!!

I wish I took a better picture of it.

Holy shit that sounds amazing.

ice cream ---> tiramisu

chocolate ice cream/mint chip ice

The Senora Desert, near Hermosillo, Mexico.

But if you mean dessert, I love ice cream cones..pistachio chocolate with chocolate chips.

Then, anything.
Now, everything.

Oh yes, I was raised having 5 deserts/sweets every day - a good Danish family - and liked everything. Now, with super human restraint, its occasionally B&R pralines & creme, peanut M&Ms or warm fruit cobbler with vanilla ice creme. Wouldn't refuse most others either.

I make a chocolate pudding with coconut cream, ripe avocados and eggs and melted chocolate with a smattering of beets and figs. Everything organic. To die for!!!!🙂🙂🙂

brownies, chess cake, apple pie/empanada or hot fudgecake with vanilla ice cream always were and still are high up there... later on I developed a taste for cheesecake, red velvet, carrot cake, and anything with a cream cheese or buttercream icing. This list is only ever going to get longer. ?

My mother would take freshly baked bread, while still warm, cut into cubes covered in freshly separated heavy cream with cinnamon and . . To live for! No creo en Dios!

Sounds out of this world!!!

Banana Pudding and Peach Cobbler. Loved it then, love it now.

A puff pastry that is shaped like a horn and filled with white sugary filling. It has always been my favorite. Second is coconut cream pie and third is a whoopie pie

Child: strawberry icecream
Adult: Cheese cake

Dark chocklat block chunks

Chocolate cake, then and now.

As a child lemon meringue pie, as an adult, steamy date pudding with caramel sauce made for me as a reward by one of my young friends every time I help her move house.

Vanilla ice cream was okay by me then.

As a child: Ice cream
Now: Cupcakes

Key lime pie.

As a kid...knickerbockerglory

Now...Sherry Trifle

Oh this is a hard question...
Brandied fruit or mexican pralines, both of which my grandmother would make. We learned to make the pralines together.

As an adult, real thick classic New York Cheesecake.

My mom used to make homemade butterscotch pie. It was to die for.

My grandmother my dad's mom Would bake a blueberry pie for me on the rare occasion I had gotten to visit with my grandparents there is no comparison I have ever found to that treat. I have taught my self to bake as well as cook. On occasion, I will make a cheesecake. I use Fanny Farmers cheesecake recipe I alter it a tad when making the graham cracker crust I add 1/4 cup of sugar. In the cake itself, I add about 3 tablespoons of triple sec.

I like fresh fruit.

Before: ice cream

Now: Bread pudding, followed closely by pineapple upside-down cake and banana cream pie.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:124271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.