Agnostic.com

3 1

After receiving what you intended to purchase, would you inform a cashier that you hadn't paid for what you received, when they assumed you did?

This happened to me recently. I was getting breakfast at an Einstein Bagel drive thru. It didn't seem particularly busy at the time, the cashier thanked me-said have a good day assuming I had paid and about to close the window after I had already received my food and coffee. It would have been easy to drive off without paying. However, I felt that wasn't the right thing to do, despite a brief moment thinking about it.

• 4 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
MyLiege 7 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would absolutely say something if I got something I didn't pay for. If they made an error and left something out of my order, I'd certainly point that out so, why not the other way around? It might be a big corporation but, it's still an individual you're dealing with. And they might suffer some repurcussions from the error.

Duke Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

Yes, the same as when I get handed too much change. It's the right thing to do. The expression ontheir fsce is usually priceless. And you often get better service in the future.

My limit is once. If you want to argue with me, it's not worth my time. The argument has happened many times. The worst is with one of my favorite bartenders. I can never tell if she's being nice and "forgetting drinks" which I doubt or if she's really forgetting to charge me for a beer here or there. I generally just add it to the tip or at least make sure the tip is enough to cover that beer.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12470
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.