Agnostic.com

55 3

Marijuana for recreational or medicinal? Dont be shy?

Well... California just passed legalizing marijuana. I love it. Would you say you would grow it for medicinal purposes or recreational purposes?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The law was actually passed last year, but only took effect in January of this year. At any rate, being a recreational cannabis user, intermittently for 50+ years, I can tell you I have zero interest in personally cultivating it. It is in relative abundance and easy to get, and I haven't paid for it for so long I can't recall the last time; I've got generous friends.

I really don't like the argument that booze is worse, so weed is good with driving. That's a false equivalnece. Drive under the influence of pain killers is bad, driving over tired is bad. Anything that slows the reflexs is bad. It's not a question of being less high is okay. It's not okay to drive high, tired or medicated. You don't react quiclky enough and are confused and often not taking care of the task at hand. Weed is BAD when you are driving. Don't drive home high. Alcohol is worse, but is 2 drinks worse 1/2 a joint? It's about the same. I have no trouble with weed, I have had trouble with booze in the past. Don't get me wrong. I understand both, but to say that it's better than another intoxicant from a driving point of view is wrong in my mind. If you get wrecked stay home or get a lift.

Yeah and screw big Pharma and their stupid penicillan. It's the govt. that lets the BAD pharma people peddle drugs legally. Vote those shitheads out of office and make Pharma follow the rules. Then put those that don't out of business while taking all the ill earned money. They folks that turned on the opiod crisis know what they did, we know who they are and govt. won't act. Make them act.

I was born and raised here in California, and I honestly do not recall hearing any widespread sentiment that driving under the influence of cannabis is good. In fact, that was the one sticking point I had when it came to legalization.

However, the bare fact is/was that regardless, legal or illegal, people are and were going to be driving after using (even while), just as with alcohol.

As far as I know, there has been no conclusive data yet produced clearly showing an increase in vehicle accidents solely attributable to cannabis use. I would be more than willing to rethink the whole thing should reliable data from an unbiased source say otherwise.

BTW, I have used cannabis intermittently for over 5 decades, and I do agree that no one should drive high (or drunk, of course).

In my lifetime I have used marijuana but I no longer do so. I support legalization because I think it is absurd that we arrest people for using and smoking something that grows wild out in fields. You can have laws that apply to excess usage, but not laws that prevent use of something growing naturally.

Legalize it! One hubby was an abusive violent alcoholic, the other smoked dope....who do you think beat the crap outta me regularly

Remember folks state question 788 is coming up in June! #vote

Either is reasonable. Marijuana has unlimited potential as an alternative to prescription drugs. I don't use it myself, but I fully advocate it's use, medically or recreationally

Legalize! !!!

My health insurance had run out so I got an MM card. I was amazed as to how many of my ailments it helped, sometimes more than the pharmaceutical drugs prescribed.

But it should be legal regardless. And hemp industries should be encouraged. Corporate interests have a long, sordid history of kneecapping such ventures.

It's medicine. Not a drug. Our bodies are developed evolutionary to utilize the compounds in cannabis. It's a no brainer. If the planets human habitats were carpet bombed with pot smoke all of society would change real quick. Sooooo much bullshit would be done. Not practical at all but a fun thought.

I favor full legalization as we have enough people in jail already. It’s ludicrous to put someone in jail for using pot. I do favor cracking down on people for dealing bad addictive drugs like meth, heroin and the opioids. After the 3rd offense for those drugs they should be shot.

I am 100% in favor for recreational and medical use, as a man of 70+ years, it has been a mystery to me why this hasn't happened decades ago. I am 100% in favor of marijuana being used for all purposes.

It's all medicinal, either for your body's health, or your mental health. The recreational aspects are a bonus.

Full legalization! I find it incredibly ridiculous that they are secretly trying to make cbd a schedule 1 substance now. There is way too much evidence proving it’s medically necessary..

I hear you.

I'm very satisfied with my state and liberal MJ and CBD laws. 🙂

My understanding is that it's all medicinal, either for your mental health, and/or your physical health.
Also, if one takes two seeds from the same plant, beit cannabis or hemp, depending on how you grow it will determine whether it will be one or the other.
Hemp is planted very densely, causing all the plants to stretch out, in their effort to get some sun, thereby creating long fibers that are used for rope, cloth, paper, etc.
Whereas when cannabis is produced, it's one plant (females only) in a large pot, or in the ground with plenty of space. And because pollination is prevented, cannabinoid resin is produced in an effort to attract some
pollen.

Been using all of my adult life. I agree with full legalization. Without taxation.

Both. If tobacco and alcohol are legal. mj should be the least of lawmaker's worries

MrsG Level 1 Jan 4, 2018

Thanks

Except our criminal capitalist government wants a piece, and with that, comes Monsanto.

I would grow the hell out of it. For every use you can up with. I'm sure california found a new way for taxes now that half of it is burned off. Pretty smart!

Since you asked...I'm totally gonna be shy!
No but seriously, both. I have used it technically recreationally off and on for five-ish years, but have come to realize it's really a lot like medicine for me. I also have prescription medication, which you're not supposed to smoke on I believe, but it really doesn't seem to interfere with that, only add to the positive effects (except for if I take my xr adderall that day and smoke too much xD). Of course there are the usual negative side effects, like paranoia and demotivation (the latter of which I already have some pretty bad problems with) but taken in conjunction with my other stuff, it mitigates the severity of the lack of motivation, atleast. And overall, it can give me a rather astounding sense of well-being (up to probably a more normal person's level - the adderall also does this though) for up to a few days afterwards. I would totally grow it legally, since it'd be a great source of income and I could then grow my own too lol, and not keep bumming off of everyone else cuz of super poorness >_>'

Cool... you talk about a new hobby. It would be a hobby forum. Hows your plants doing. Mine at 30 feet tall now...lol

I wish the legalization bug would bite the whole nation. It looks as though today Sessions is taking steps to fight legal users.

50 comments and tagged 4 times....help!

I don't eat or smoke it myself. I would grow it for the uses for others to consume. There are other variants of the cannabis plant which are useful for other purposes too.

I think that drugs should be legalised but controlled so that the quality of the drugs is high and the violence and misery of the drug industry is removed/reduced.

Well Bob i was in a car accident aug 3, 2005. Massive brain injury, ear cut 80% off, fractured L2 vertibre, colma for 28 days with a valve in my head to relieve pres! I don't remember shit till already home. And can't remember wheel chair, learning to walk again, i was fucked up!! I can't wait for it to go medical in nebraska, cuz will get better deal than going through2-3 hands to get here from col. under the radar. I need it medically as my brain isn't wired right anymore! Ya medical!!

Man....i am so sorry about all that. I wish you so much luck.

maybe it made me stronger? But i do know i look and react to the common world way differently now.

Both but I can’t remember the last time I smoked to get high.

While limit to one or the other?I think cannabis performs well for both rec and medicinal. Depends on the individual and the circumstances.

Indeed, for both or either!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.