Agnostic.com

55 3

Marijuana for recreational or medicinal? Dont be shy?

Well... California just passed legalizing marijuana. I love it. Would you say you would grow it for medicinal purposes or recreational purposes?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really don't like the argument that booze is worse, so weed is good with driving. That's a false equivalnece. Drive under the influence of pain killers is bad, driving over tired is bad. Anything that slows the reflexs is bad. It's not a question of being less high is okay. It's not okay to drive high, tired or medicated. You don't react quiclky enough and are confused and often not taking care of the task at hand. Weed is BAD when you are driving. Don't drive home high. Alcohol is worse, but is 2 drinks worse 1/2 a joint? It's about the same. I have no trouble with weed, I have had trouble with booze in the past. Don't get me wrong. I understand both, but to say that it's better than another intoxicant from a driving point of view is wrong in my mind. If you get wrecked stay home or get a lift.

Yeah and screw big Pharma and their stupid penicillan. It's the govt. that lets the BAD pharma people peddle drugs legally. Vote those shitheads out of office and make Pharma follow the rules. Then put those that don't out of business while taking all the ill earned money. They folks that turned on the opiod crisis know what they did, we know who they are and govt. won't act. Make them act.

I was born and raised here in California, and I honestly do not recall hearing any widespread sentiment that driving under the influence of cannabis is good. In fact, that was the one sticking point I had when it came to legalization.

However, the bare fact is/was that regardless, legal or illegal, people are and were going to be driving after using (even while), just as with alcohol.

As far as I know, there has been no conclusive data yet produced clearly showing an increase in vehicle accidents solely attributable to cannabis use. I would be more than willing to rethink the whole thing should reliable data from an unbiased source say otherwise.

BTW, I have used cannabis intermittently for over 5 decades, and I do agree that no one should drive high (or drunk, of course).

Remember folks state question 788 is coming up in June! #vote

Either is reasonable. Marijuana has unlimited potential as an alternative to prescription drugs. I don't use it myself, but I fully advocate it's use, medically or recreationally

Legalize! !!!

I would grow the hell out of it. For every use you can up with. I'm sure california found a new way for taxes now that half of it is burned off. Pretty smart!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.