Agnostic.com

11 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think part of this story is missing. A landlord can't usually evict a tenant just because the landlord doesn't like a temporary message like this. There has to be more to this story.

Depends on the wording of the lease.

@nvrnuff I guess it's possible, but it seems awfully unlikely.

@cmadler You'd be surprised about some provisions in leases. This wouldn't be all that odd.

Let's say you have a 12-month lease on an apartment. You stay and pay the rent for the whole 12 months. Neither you nor your landlord cancel the lease, and you enter the 13th month.

Your lease is now "periodic," meaning it's "month-to-month." Depending on your state law, either you or your landlord can cancel for almost any reason whatsoever on either 30 days' notice or 60 days' notice. No cause is necessary.

I'm not an Indiana lawyer, but it no doubt works something like that. Given that Indiana is a generally conservative state, we may expect that the laws there trend in favor of landlords having relatively greater amounts of power as opposed to tenants. Which in this case works to the disadvantage of the church.

But, in this case, I think I want to refer to a statement made by the First Lady of the United States: "I really don't care do u?"

There must be more sensible people in the state than I thought. Good job fellow Hoosiers.

The landlord did the right thing.

Male strippers keep making themselves known to me today for some reason. There is an advertisement for 'The Dream Boys' in that article.

I approve!

Good for the landlord!

wow, just wow !!! good for the landlord.

Good

Good riddance to bad trash.

I used to work in that town. Good for them.

The last thing I need is for someone to be telling me about crimes against the invisible man.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:124987
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.