Agnostic.com

37 4

Long distane relationship..

How many of you are willing to date long distance if you know the Person on the other end is genuine?

• 39 votes
  • 25 votes
  • 25 votes
HariKrishnanM 4 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've never had a long distance relationship but I'm open to the concept, we'd have to meet at some point I hope

The right person is out there somewhere, I love traveling or road trips, if I find my match I'm willing to relocate for happiness

Awwwwww.....

@BlueWave OH, Hmmmm, am I coming to Covington for a visit? 😉

Been there, done that, hated it.

Kanda Level 5 July 8, 2018

I said I am not.

However, if money was no issue and either of us could afford the time and expense of FREQUENT travel, I could see it working for a while. I think eventually, if the relationship were to be headed toward Foreversville, the long distance factor would have to be removed.

What if your partner is a soldier or an astronaut or something?

@goldenvalleyguy Hmmmmmm.......or most time? 🙂 As time has gone on, and I hear about more and more couple doing it, I agree there can be valid reasons for some people to sleep in different beds at times. Depends on lifestyles, needs, how loudly one or the other snores, medical issues, shift work, yadda yadda yadda.

@goldenvalleyguy I wouldn't even want to share a bed full time with someone a few miles away !

Been doing it for over 15 years...challenging, but willing to make the effort...but, I have the time and the means, which a lot of people don't. I would not recommend it...it is often sad, lonely, and frustrating.

I put maybe but it would be very hard for me. I have difficulty with trust and a long distance relationship would be much more strenuous.

How exactly does that work? Dating suggests doing things together. Difficult to do much of anything long distance except talk on the phone, text, and maybe get weird by video chat.

don't knock till you try it

@HariKrishnanM True

It depends on the person.

Love is so rare. Rarer than winning the lottery, so if you find it you've got to fight for it.

But I'm quite skeptical and cynical.

I did for three and a half years. I flew across the pond to meet her, and she was suddenly transferred to Egypt. Did I learn a lesson? Yes. My heart is stupid, but I would do it again.

I did this a decade ago in courting my now-wife. We met online (not on a dating site though, on a writer's site). We were 2200 miles apart. After each of us traveled to see the other, with her permission I just removed that obstacle and took up in a nearby Residence Inn to give us a chance to explore the relationship seriously, put her in the driver's seat as to when I would meet her children (then HS age), etc. I was able to do this because I'm a 100% telecommute worker. Job portability goes very well with LDRs.

Agreed! I'm a telecommuter as well and it is proving helpful in my LDR.

It is very hard on the cars.but living together is even harder on my peace of mind.

I answered "no" under the assumption that you meant "date exclusively" when you said "date". I just don't thin that works for most people.

I am currently in a long distance relationship. I know the other person is real because we meet as much as we can and have a great interest in each other. Now the fact we are a long distance apart does make it difficult - but it can be done and be very rewarding. The hope is of course - that it won't be "long distance" for a long time

I want physical interaction and affection in my relationship, so it's a no for me.

@SACatWalker But you never know how long that will take or if that will ever happen. A lot of people want physical intimacy in their relationship. That doesn't happen too often if you live very far from each other.

I am datting Dan who I met here - he lives 3 hours from me. We are making long distance work.

Three hours apart isn't so bad it would be impossible to pursue the relationship. Hardly convenient, to be sure, but you could make weekends of it.

Good luck to you two!

For me it can be an adventure....i enjoy sexting and voice.... Meeting every once in awhile doable....playtime is even more fun. The shared time is not wasted and I listen better and mire appreciative. Just me

EvaV Level 7 July 8, 2018

Agreed!! ?

Twice done, twice failed. Not for me.

I don't know if I could be in a relationship with someone that is 3,000 miles away from me again UNLESS they were the right person. But, the first LDR failed horribly and so it really puts me off from wanting to attempt another.

It's too hard to try for me.

Provided there was a possibility that the distance could be greatly reduced at some not too distant future time.

I did (DC - San Diego), and we've been together for just short of 30 years, married for going on 27.

This would occur after many conversations, my enjoying his voice and good sexting. I found it ti be a new avenue of sensual communication. Since i have no desire to leave Arizona exceot to have fun. It is a good "ice breaker"

EvaV Level 7 July 8, 2018

I answered maybe, but it would be REALLY difficult for me. I'm a physical, affectionate guy. I enjoy being near the woman I'm dating. But if she truly sparked my interest, I'd want to try.

I voted "maybe" but the person would have to prove pretty amazing, and the long distance part would have to result in some relocation. I would have preferred to vote "Unlikely."

Deb57 Level 8 July 8, 2018

I want too much attention from my fella for us to be long distance. I have tried before. It just doesn't work for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:125304
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.