Agnostic.com

28 0

Who is the one that got away?

VelociraptorRemy 6 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My one regret was Barry. I was visiting my college room mate after I got engaged; she was dating Barry's room mate. I have never had such a strong sexual attraction in my life ever or since. We danced around it all evening, flirting, laughing, etc. but I just couldn't do it. We kissed and did just about everything else, but we did not have sex. I should have just done it and gotten it over with. I wanted him so bad, like it was a fever. I was young, naive and just too goody for my own good. I never married that fiance..which I do not regret...so Barry, if you are still alive, and can still do it, I will find you and then I will have no regrets in my life and can die happy. lol

@SACatWalker Barry? 🙂 lol

I've got a Barry in the past too. If your Barry is anything like mine, you dodged a bullet. He fucked like a lion, but made a mess out of life.

@Minta79 You know, I think I knew he would mess up my life...he was trouble for sure...but a one night stand would probably have been loads of fun...lol...I have to let it go...there are plenty of "Barrys" to make up for the loss of this one...

I was 19, she was 26. She was pre-med, a violinist, very sweet and attractive, which made her incredibly intimidating. I was too young to take her invites, and I still kick myself for it.

Did you ever try to look her up?

@VelociraptorRemy yeah, but she had a very common Asian name and I know she was looking to leave the state.

My former partner. He couldn't be with me cause I wasn't healthy enough for them. So they said that if I lose more weight, they would consider being my bf.

Never mind that at the point that the person said that, I had already list 140lbs and was working on losing more. Maybe, if they could have seen past weight to the parts that they liked about me, that could have been enough. But alas, it broke me that all my work was useless, and so I had to let him go.

Sometimes the one that got away isn't because they got away, it was because you had to let them get away otherwise it would have just hurt you in the end.

That's sad that he didn't see you for you and focused on your appearance. But if you are healthier now then your work wasn't wasted. Don't ever try to change for someone else.

Bugz bunny. That damned rabbits always slipping away

@SACatWalker A wascally wabbit, at that!

Are you talking lost loves? I had an opportunity to unite with someone I thought got away. Lucky for me it was not meant to be. He was married and wanted to cheat on his wife with me. Uh! No!

Yes, lost loves or loves that could have been but weren't.

Jack The Ripper.

The Zodiac Killer.

I did and don't tell them where I am. I hate those jackets with the straps in the back.

But having the room to yourself where no one bothers you.........that would be my dream come true ?

I had a high school sweetheart, but, he was drafted and sent to Viet Nam. He was killed soon after he arrived. It was very sad.

Me. Just saying.

I was always to shy to pursue any of my crushes. They all got away but it was my own fault for not trying.

Mine never spoke up because he thought I just wanted to be friends and didn't want to mess up the friendship. Never be afraid to speak up.

Me.

Plenty... many... and at the same time... it was meant to be... but there is only one that really believed in me as I am and she could had push me right to a different life. That's the way it is. The others pale and become irrelevant. We are not talking love... we are talking getting away. She knows, I know and love has nothing to do with it but the offer was there and I blew it. Not the first time... not be the last either. There is always a lot of forks in a gypsy's trail. She will always be remembered and that's that.

Honestly, I'm really not sure.

Bernie Sanders 2016

It's always been me.

We met in the Navy. Both of us assumed the other wanted to just be friends because neither spoke up. He was the one I could tell anything to and could always bring me out of whatever funk I was in. After several months, we finally told each other how we felt, but it was too late. I left and we lost contact, until two years ago when I got a message from him. He's married with a family, as am i, and as much as we wanted the what-ifs, neither was willing to leave our families (well, mostly him. I would have left in a heartbeat if he was serious about it). Now I can't even talk to him because we crossed a few lines and our spouses were pretty pissed about it. And I've kicked myself every day for not speaking up all those years ago.

Jennifer Aniston lol

We became best friends during our middle school days. The summer after high school graduation we dated and it ended when we went to different colleges. She got her Phd at an elite college and I got my second bachelor's from the first college to have a polymer science department. We still exchange a couple of emails a year.

There was a friend who went back to her ex after our first date. I found someone amazing. She and her ex broke up right around then. If we had both been truly available at the same time, I think it would have been great. She also seems to believe that.
She's the one who got away. And that is what she shall remain. I am happy with that.

I had a high school sweetheart, but, he was drafted and sent to Viet Nam. He was killed soon after he arrived. It was very sad.

He was a photographer from Brazil on the cruise ship I worked on. We'd stay up all night talking in my room and there was so much sexual tension. But he had a girlfriend and both of us respected that. It was hard.

Remi Level 7 July 9, 2018

Her name was Genevieve, it was about 50 years ago, she wanted a family, while i wanted to explore my world to discover who i was and what i really wanted.

I hope she received everything she wanted, i sure did, and our year together was one gift that still lives in a corner of my heart.

How did they get away, speedy predator?

Chuck. I really liked him. Pretty sure he knew it, but he was recovering from a hurtful divorce and just needed a friend. He was the nicest most gentle person I've had the pleasure to spend time with. Articulate, thoughtful, handsome, but since he was going through a sensitive time, all I could do was try to help him through his depression by being a friend. He ended up moving to another state, without even telling me. When I noticed he had moved, I contacted him and he simply said he couldn't bear to say goodbye. Hopefully he found happiness. Timing wasn't right when our paths crossed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:125696
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.