Agnostic.com

30 12

Irresistible

Have you ever met someone who you found irresistible, physically and mentally, and had them reciprocate the feeling? Would you describe your experience as infatuation?

Donotbelieve 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never. Male stripper cowboy firemen don't seem to like it when I'm yawning without make up on.

What I have found to be mutual much more often is resistibility.

skado Level 9 July 8, 2018

Yes I did. There was a woman that worked in the same office as me, April was her name. She was beyond drop dead hot. I kind of felt bad for her sometimes, because she got hit on by just about every male in the place.Except me. i was way ti insecure, and shy to actually ask some one out, especially her, all i could think of was that she was way out of my league.

One day a mutual friend of ours told me that April had asked about me, and that we should go out to have some drinks some night and she would introduce us to one another.

It took a while to get out of the shyness, for both of us. And at one point she had aked me why I never talked to her before, and I explained that I saw her getting hit on all the time, and that I never though that she would be interested in me.

The real irony was that she thought the same about me. in that instant we bonded wonderfully. We both had some sort of mental issues that aslo made it real easy to relate to.

That relationship went on for quite a long time.

Sounds like you have since broken up? Or are you two still an item?

@Nardi Yeah, that was a long time ago when I was much younger. The only reason we split up was That I went to another school out of state, and she wanted to stay there. We are still friends though, we chat here and there on FB.

My wife of 57 years

Yes and yes. Unfortunately after five years the relationship petered out.

Yes. Infatuation and brain chemistry. I treated it like a bad case of flu and waited it out. Usually helps because during the" wait it out" you get to know the person a bit better, and small things creep up that break the bubble

Yes, I met a man two years ago. There was his attitude, his lust for live, thinking and his ellegance in all attracted me as a magnet. He was obsessed by me and I was obsessed by him for an year. But unfortunately he was kind of man that brought the package of happiness and sadness in the same time, and finally after many struggles, I was able to forget him..

Yes! I would describe it has transcendent, but not in a religious sense. Definitely better than any narcotic.

@AMGT it’s only happened to me once but I have learned to enjoy the memory. How many times has it happened to you?

Oh yes! I wouldn't say infatuation as much as CHEMISTRY. Didn't last, of course. Never does. But what fun! That's when you know you're alive!

No, I'm always a brides maid and never the bride <flutters eyelashes>

Well maybe once or twice.

Seemed that way, until the attraction evaporated for one party.

I have indeed......Someone who I found irresistible more than 20 years ago. As far as reciprocity, that I am not so sure if it ever was.... Of course this is just one side of the story

Yes, I have. It is the most incredible experience. We still feel it and are best friends after a couple of years.

Yep. I married her.

A few one sided, lol, I think I am better looking in my own mind than in reality, lol.

A couple times it worked in person though. 😛

A key element is to be able to transform the infatuation into a lasting connection.

I'm assuming you mean the sort of situation where you meet someone, there is an immediate attraction and you cannot be in the same room together without ripping off all your clothes.
The sort of relationship that is an intense fuckfest for a month or so, until you actually get so exhausted you start talking and then find that apart from sexual compatibility you have nothing in common and actually don't even like one another very much, the sex continues for a while but eventually even that fizzles out.
That was pretty much my first marriage, six months of whahay followed by four and a half years of “ what the hell was I thinking? ” on both our parts.

Yes. Not an infatuation, though...more like a total obsession. I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't breathe.

@Donotbelieve yeah...at least he feels the same thing, but we have to deal with this...breathing is important....lol

Yes. And I would describe it as infidelity. Fuck me sideways, I loved that woman.

But that was then. This is now.

I would say that it was more physical, so it was just infatuation, nothing more

I have come across a couple of ladies in my time to whom I was drawn "like a month to a flame" as there saying goes; alas, there was no reciprocity.

@RobLawrence c'est la vie, eh? Instead of ruing or getting by upset about such things, as one ages, we get philosophical. I like to reflect on one (of the very few I'm familiar with) saying from the Bard, "Expectation is the root of all heartache." Such adages are now how I comfort myself.

@Condor5 great saying, I hope to remember it!

@Angelastras the man had a few.

Not one person. Quite surprised so many people here have.

Yes, only twice in my life (well, so far, but I think that I hit my limit). All logic and rational thought just disappear, and the only important thing is to be in each other's company. You think it's gonna last forever. But it doesn't.

I can like someone a whole heck of a lot and enjoy my time with someone, but once I know that feeling is completely mutual then I'm able to release the love beast and the relationship will take on a brand new form. No fear of rejection=No walls, no inhibitions, no holding back. True authentic love. I guess this is called infatuation? Happened only once for me and we got married.

Going through that now. I call her my unicorn (didn’t think a woman for me existed). There’s lust, love and a feeling of comfort. I’m not sure at 61 infatuation comes into play?

jab60 Level 6 July 9, 2018

It happened with my ex-wife many years ago. It started as infatuation and developed into love.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:125877
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.