Agnostic.com

30 12

Irresistible

Have you ever met someone who you found irresistible, physically and mentally, and had them reciprocate the feeling? Would you describe your experience as infatuation?

Donotbelieve 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, but we couldn't date because we were both in committed relationships. She was a co-worker of mine and it was one of the best/hardest things to do in my life. I think knowing we were both in committed relationships and knowing we couldn't be with each other just upped the infatuation that much more.

Yes and Maybe.

I have had a few infatuations, as I think you are describing them, at different times in my life. They were intense feelings and very strong attractions. Most were when I was younger. None of those feelings were ever returned in kind. The few that did lead to any kind of a relationship never lasted very long.

That usually doesn't happen to me right away. I may be intrigued and want to get to know them better, and then after I time I may feel that way. I have to be careful though not to get carried away if the feeling isn't mutual.

I met a woman and after our first date, I felt like I found the best drug in the world! For weeks, I went to work in the morning feeling like I was barely touching the ground! But the timing was wrong (I was separated, not divorced) and she was kind of bipolar. The rollercoaster ride was wild and emotional, but unsustainable. I miss that feeling ?.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:125877
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.