Agnostic.com

20 3

Will we ever have world peace?

With all the wars over religion in the past, do you think we will ever get to the stopping point, and finally be at peace with all countries? Do you think we are on the brink of WW3? Who will nuke whom first or if at all?

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would argue we are already engulfed in WW3. From the day the term war on terrorism was created then announced with a coalition of allies built to engage. We are bombing up to 7 country's at a time and have troops engaged in 2/3 of the planets country's. Some estimates are even higher. To some degree we have special forces fighting and or providing training to rebels groups and terrorist groups. We are supplying, off the top of my head, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE bombs to devastate at least 2 other country's at this time. Our CIA is engaged in shadow programs of supporting opposition groups against certain governments around the globe. We may not be engaged in the ancient ways of a conventional WW, but the world is at war. Its just become a different kind of war.

Sadly, probably not 😟.

Unfortunately, I don't think we shall ever have world peace. We went to war when our ancestors discovered that a piece of wood could be made into a weapon and then went on to discover how to make arrow heads out of rocks. The inabilty to see another persons point of view creates fear in the uninformed / uneducated. As far as being on the brink of WW3, we are at a pivotal point in our existence that indicates an upcoming catastropic event due to the emergence of despots who are now in charge. They do not see war from our prospective instead seeing it as a way to enrich themselves at our expense. Who will nuke whom first? The nukes will come from emergent countries who have no idea how catastropic the weapons of destruction can be. The solution might be for scientists to get more involved, run for office, start becoming more active in the global problems and blow them away with education, scientific facts, and information that can be easily understood by the illiterates. Additionally, we need more mental health centers and laws in order to keep the emotionally and mentally disturbed out of politics.

If world peace is to be possible then we still have decades of work on our hands. And war is likely to play a big role in bringing about world peace

Nope, I have enough primatologist friends to know that violence is too deeply ingrained in our nature.

Unfortunately, we homo sapiens are "defective" animals. Perhaps we evolved too quickly, but then again when you look at societies of chimpanzees, perhaps not. I believe the "defects" are in our brain wiring. Who knows for sure.

We're at a critical turning point. If we don't overheat ourselves, if we don't bomb ourselves to oblivion, if we get family planning and the 150 more births than death per minute under control...then....yes...[poodwaddle.com]

There will be world peace when there is only one human still alive. There is one nation that has been at war for almost its entire existence, can you guess who? Look to them for the next world war.

How sad that this is the way it has to be. All in the name of religion.

Well..........NO! one word "RELIGION!!"

Well........ NO! one word "RELIGION"!!

Well........ NO! one word "RELIGION"!!

Keep hoping, but most importantly, keep helping! Flying and space travel were once thought to be impossible. Now some folks are feverishly working away at going the speed of light or even exceeding it. The first guy to turn a shovel on the Hoover Dam project was asked how he knew what spot to start digging. He said he didn't know, he just picked a spot and started in. World Peace is a huge undertaking. Pick your spot and dig in. As more folks join in we will succeed!

We've done it before. The mid seventies was the last time. "War is defined as an active conflict that has claimed more than 1,000 lives. Of the past 3,400 years, humans have been entirely at peace for 268 of them, or just 8 percent of recorded history." Not going to happen any time soon with the cabal now running Washington though.

with Trump barking out the size of his button? Surely, not in the next 3 years

when humans go yes.

Maybe, in some far distant future. Probably at a point when there are no nuclear weapons.

No. Too many stupid and self-obsessed humans.

No chance on world peace.
Brink of war? Yes. Trump, if the military doesn't stop him. Trump is so insecure that he taunts about his button being bigger. He's an abject moron who might start a nuclear war to distract from the Russia probes.

When the military works for the military complex today, that's not likely what's going to stop him.

[medium.com]

@William_Mary I agree Kelly has lost all credibility. I buy the premise that the military is incentivized to keep war going, but I don't think that applies to nuclear war. Conventional wars with low US body counts? Yes. Nuclear war? No sane person wants that, even the military industrial complex.

@shockwaverider lets hope! I get no sense of sanity from what's going on in this regard to humanity though.

Mankind has to go extinct.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12604
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.