Agnostic.com

21 3

Which religion do you think is the most damaging to the world and why?

I think we can all agree that religion of all sorts is problematic but which is the gold medal winner in regression?

My vote is for islam but I personally dislike christianity more because I'm confronted with it much more often.

RoboGraham 8 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that is a bit dependent on history.
Currently it's probably Islam
Go back a bit to the Second World War even , Roman Catholicism .

Judaism, it's the diseased foundation of Christianity and Islam. The latter two just distilled it into more powerful versions of population control.

Orly Level 5 Jan 6, 2018

I am one of those people that always believe... take the top two of the top because they are always debating who to be on top... remove christian and muslin and let's see what happens to humanity. I think it will be a good thing.

All religions cause war from the beginning of religion to now.

Christianity, largely because it's the one with the most influence on major powers at the moment. Islam for the brain fart the Wahhabists seem to be having currently.

The three Abrahamic religions - Judaism, Chiristianity, Islam.
By the way, Jesus as in the Bible look like a pretty decent and nice person. I do not know enough about Mohamed to judge.
Yet the Abrahamic God Javhve/Jehova/Savaot/Allah looks pretty wicked and often straight out evil in my eyes.

I am beginning to think the god of Abraham is Aries. War is the heart of all 3 main branches.

The "horror days" of Christianity are far removed, but remnants of extremists still lurk. Islam seems to still be in the stone age so to speak so currently they are probably the most problematic in terms of dogma and wanting to force others to comply with their beliefs. Although, there is still a huge Christian population that still believes gays and non-believers will burn in hell for eternity because they're immoral etc, and they literally wish them harm and/or deny them service because they view them as less than human "defying" God.....even though they were made by God (if he/she/it exists at all). This is tough lol. Both religions have their good parts, and also have their bad parts. We have believers in both religions that are extremists and take everything said in their respective bibles as literal. These people are the epitome of conservative. They despise change or progression. I guess it depends where you are and what the situation is, but the base of both religions seems to depend on how they interpret the teachings in the bible. Long story short lol - I think I would have to go with Islam right now.

ISLAM for sure because their avowed ambition is to squash other religions and make the earth Islamic.

any of them especially the extremist ones.

This is a very thought provoking question! However, how about rephrasing to, "which human perspective is most damaging to the world?" Religious mythology, fantasy, illusions, whatever you want to call it, are not what causes war, it is the intrepretation of these ideologies by humans that causes war. When we add poverty, disease, lack of education, anger, fear, and misinformation, we have all the ingrediants needed to cause damage globally without blinking.

Islam, for all the reasons people have said, and some more I just am too unmotivated to go into right now, tbh.

Islamic and Christianity.

The Abrahamaaics, no doubt about it. They have been drenched in blood for a thousand years with no end in sight.

@DangerDave They are all the same.

Which ever is the most influential one, since they are all lies.

Christianity....I was also confronted by it more.

Statism.

Catholic for sure. They have global mouthpiece in the pope. They are slowly crumbling due to child abuse and reason and science

Catholic for sure. They have global mouthpiece in the pope. They are slowly crumbling due to child abuse and reason and science

Wahhabism branch of Islam would be my first choice and conservative evangelical christians my second both breed intolerance.

The one with the most believers and the one which is going to be the number one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.