Agnostic.com

16 4

Who?

Who thinks that their life may never let them find the ONE? Or be the kind of happy that makes everything else secondary!

Jmiles 5 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Significant other? If you've found it before you have a greater probability for discovering it again. Depends on your expectations and boundaries.

As a teenager, I believed in "the one" but unfortunately never found him. You are so lucky if you find someone who you can live with happily. I guess anyone could do if you are not too picky!

Jinny Level 3 Jan 4, 2018

who are you? never found him likes its all over!!

you could die in 5 seconds so that there's a great possibility you won't. I don't think many people do anyway.

I already have found several "Ones" . I feel like I've had more than my share actually - compared to many others. Yet - I'm always open to serendipitous possibilities ...

I don't believe life "lets" us do something, but more that we decide what we want, and put ourselves out there in some way, in order to meet it head on !

Positive thinking does help the process ...

I have found the ONE and it is ME. I love, enjoy, appreciate every woman who I have had the pleasure of sharing a friendship/relationship with in my life and hope to continue to do so.

me. That THe One things seems kind of like magic. a good solid friend/partner sounds great to me

I think the same way. Too many chances taken, too many opportunities squandered, and too much time wasted. I think I met that ONE, but at the time we were both with the wrong people. By the time we each figured that out, "WE" were ancient history. Sadly, that's happened for me at least twice.

JimG Level 8 Jan 4, 2018

me too

The key is not to find the one, but to be the one. If you accept yourself just as you are and love yourself just as you are, warts and all, you will find that you can be happy with any number of different people, because you are bringing the happiness with you instead of searching for it.

Trust me... we all find the ONE... often enough we let the ONE go. But there is also the OTHER ONE. Just as handy. Have Faith on your abilities. The NEXT ONE is also pretty good too.

This is true because there is no the one except ourselves.

@TommyMeador Yep... I've been the One.

I have to admit that I sometimes think like this. I have to just put it out of my mind.

In my life I found three of the "one" two I let slip through my fingers because of ambition and commitment to other things and the third I married. So, I don't really believe in the "one" life just has too many possibilities and there is always a scale of compatibility from least to most. We are lucky when we find one of the most but even that kind of a relationship requires work to maintain. Human are a strange lot for what we often love most in someone are not their perfections but their faults.

I don't believe in "the one". I believe that two people with much in common and a mutual attraction can find love in each other and be able to fight all the things in this world which would tear them away from each other. The desire to stay with a person who completes and compliments you no matter what trials you face is what the real true love is. No destiny involved.

It's location that helps and being ballsie enough to take a chance and start talking to your attraction. everyone has to either advance or submit to start a relationship. It's best not to date a person from your home town. You know Why! I put the ugliest picture on my profile. It makes it interesting. Watch out for your friends. Its a clever thing to steal another guys girl. Hmmm... my wife said my millionaire friend starting calling her and asking for advice...lol. he's dead now..lol. I was wondering about those boat rides out of Houston.

I try to be practical. The odds of me finding "the one" are not very good, however if I don't look it is also not likely that I will find someone.

There’s not a one if one ?? is polyamorous

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.