Agnostic.com

45 4

Are you the only atheist/agnostic in your household?

And are you constantly pressured by family members for it?

Rideauxb 7 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No my dog doesn’t believe in god

Unfortunately yes. My parents are strict Roman Catholics

My dad is still holding on to the same beliefs as your parents. It happends but it doesn't have to be a bad thing.

No, my dogs and cats are too. My wife is a hardcore Christian, but we legally separated after seven good years followed by seven more bad years. The more religious she got, the worse things got. It's not all her fault I'm guilty of losing interest and not wanting to be around her as she fell deeper into her faith.

I think I am. My father and sister are avid church goers. Dad is into some other ministries including doing some stuff at a prison for prisoners. Mom is "spiritual" in some way. She believes the "universe" has some kind of power. So I think she uses the word "god," but not in the same way as my dad. As far as aunts and uncles, cousins, etc., I don't know.

I am atheist and i live alone...lol...so yes I am. But my two grown sons are atheist too.

No, my daughter is an atheist. Most family members reject us. Her grand-parents on her father's side phone, write and sometimes visit. We have not told them we're atheists. They're staunch Lutherans and don't believe in divorce so still call me Mrs. - drives me nuts.

Yes, (only agnostic) because I live alone 🙂

Yes

I grew up Roman Catholic but my sister and I are atheist/secular humanist.

Nope whole Family wife was a believer but she passed.

No, my brother is atheist too and my family doesn't care what I believe.

No, my step-brother is atheist as well.

My husband and I are both atheist, however we were raised in christianity and both our families have strained relationships at times as we voice our decision to raise our son without religion. ... so be it.

None of my family had religious beliefs, and now I'm living in a rationalist/effective altruist household where I assume everyone is atheist.

All of my family are very anti-religion but my dad holds belief in powers beyond our control, which is rational.

Of course and I love it

Not at all.. they know where I stand.. & there's the door, don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out if you don't like it. 😉

Yes, and no. My parents know, but assume it's a phase so they don't do much about it.

My ex wife couldn't stand the thought that I became a non believer. She left me because of this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.