Agnostic.com

6 6

LINK Wealth ‘creators’ are robbing our most productive people | George Monbiot | Opinion | The Guardian

Why are the people who do the actual work of our society being robbed blind and why do we allow it?

OpposingOpposum 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The answer is obvious, the people that do the work are the only one's adding value, the only one's actually making any money. They just don't get to keep it as they do no own the means of production.

People don't like to think about politics and class. They don't want to get active and protest. It's hard work. Demonstrations are gruelling. Volunteering in a union or a picket line is exhausting. It's the class struggle. That's why. And I don't blame them if they're tired and pessimistic.

I disagree with George Monbiot on some things. There is no such thing as wealth creators. The rich get rich by absorbing the profits created by their workforce. Jeff Bezos et al. The wealth creators are the working class.

What is the alternative?

The alternative is focusing on workers rights, fair wages and labor practices. We have been worshipping management and administration far too long and far too loudly. These folks are NOT the people "creating wealth". Relative wage caps for CEOs and administrators( I belive iceland caps at 100× the lowest paid workers salary), livable wages, possibly a UBI giving workers financial freedom to walk away from bad businesses without facing homelessness would be good starts.

Here is how I see it..... Investor's job is to risk their money to create opportunities. My job is to prepare myself with the best education, to get a better paid job. I have been living by this formula my whole life. I will always choose to take responsibility for my part of the bargain

I also think of those workers who are hired as "managers" but yet do little management with their title allowing the business owner to classify their job in such a way that they are salaries, work much more than 40 hrs per week but are not paid for this. Our whole system is set up for those with $$ to get even more

Because the rich control the dialogue. The pay off the poor and politicians alike. There are no realistic challenges to keep them in check.

Even Trump’s tariffs are laughable at best as any attempt to “tax” production and profits will be passed on to the consumer.

You can thank Reaganomics for all deregulation.

My first real job paid very well. All my peers had cottages and boats and what not. I never reached those height because I got in the game to late, tons of mergers and acquisitions later then everything was blamed on the recession of the 90s. I think I would be paid less today if I had continued in that field. Although technically I am considered a baby boomer, I will venture to say that it is that generation that has raped capitalism.

Lukian Level 8 July 10, 2018

make no mistake capitalism has not been raped....the middle class has been raped with capitalism. unregulated capitalism is being used to strangle people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127068
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.