Agnostic.com

8 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well that was the logical step backwards wasn’t it?

Just like everything else Trump does--back to the 1950s. For everyone but white men I guess...

@Carin They breastfeed in the 50's. So step off the timeline. We are in a totally different phase.

@AstralSmoke US rates for breastfeeding declined for most of 1900s. During World War II it decreased further & was at a very low level by the 1950s due to the popularity of the new prepared infant formulas. Breastfeeding was viewed as primitive during that time. Rates did not begin to increase until the mid 1960s. Do your research before you get nasty.

@Carin I wasn't getting nasty. Thanks for the info. I was raised on breastmilk as were all of my siblings. We were born in the 50's and early 60's.

@AstralSmoke You were lucky then! Your mom knew what was best. Women faced a lot of pressure to be "modern" & use formula. Doctors liked formula because it made the babies gain a lot of weight & could be measured. Good breastfeeding info was scarce. That's when (& why) La Leche League was founded.

Yup makes no sense at all. Breast milk is best - as long as the Mom is able and willing.

This is just appalling.

Breastfeeding is a form of birth control and violating natural Feminism = making more babies to grow up to be dead soldiers

@GreenAtheist It is possible to get pregnant while Breast Feeding.

@RavenCT Yes it is but on average a woman's fertility takes at least a few months to return if she is nursing full time & not using pacifiers. On the other hand, if a mom doesn't nurse she will begin cycling right away. In some parts of the world where birth control isn't available it may be all that women have to avoid back to back pregnancies. Certain styles of breastfeeding keep fertility suppressed longer but I won't go into detail unless someone asks.

@Carin I'm aware. I just didn't want anyone to get off their birth control.

Natural methods can fail. Ask my parents. They had children every 4 years! lol

“The resolution as originally drafted placed unnecessary hurdles for mothers seeking to provide nutrition to their children,” an H.H.S. spokesman said in an email. “We recognize not all women are able to breast-feed for a variety of reasons. These women should have the choice and access to alternatives for the health of their babies, and not be stigmatized for the ways in which they are able to do so.” F'ng hypocrites!! Our government is so concerned about women! BS! States are passing ridiculous provisions for abortion clinics restricting access to these services and now the government is so concerned for women? Mr. Orange Hair is after Roe v Wade and his H.H.S. is so concerned for the "hurdles" for US women? Maybe all breast feeding mothers should march on D.C. and walk down Pennsylvania Avenue while breast feeding!

@Akfishlady It's my "rebellious", authority challenging, attitude.

bullshit.. I wish everyone could just ignore America right now for being so stupid.

just evil Accepting breast milk is superior, think about the sanitation issues for people with little access to water and the cost.

I wish instead of "Americans" or "the US" they would word these things as representatives of trump

btroje Level 9 July 10, 2018

Thank goodness Russia had the guts to stand up to the blatant US bully tactics. Shame shame shame on the US for bullying the very countries where the breast milk vs. formula question can be truly life or death. This isn't just about money & politics. Any policy that does not encourage women to feed their babies their own milk is going to result in babies dying. Of course the orange buffoon only cares about "babies" until they are born.

While the death rate for artificially fed infants is well known to be much higher in developing nations, even here in the US breastfed babies have a slightly higher survival rate. Even a percent or 2 matters if it's your baby.

I've worked with nursing moms & babies for 15 years & I am beyond disgusted by what our country has become.

Carin Level 8 July 11, 2018

This issue has pushed some of my more conservative cousins off the Donald bandwagon. Maybe the tide is turning.

Not surprised. Trump doesn't believe in science. It gets in the way of making (that somehow seems like the wrong word) money.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.