Agnostic.com

25 1

If you could live ANYWHERE....

If you could live ANYWHERE, where would you live? And why?

Sirena 7 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would live in Munich. Acceptable government and Octoberfest.

Australia. Ever since I saw my first Koala as a .

I almost made this move...

Palawan, Philippines It is a beautiful island with friendly people. They would have fix their power shortage problem

You can afford it. I assume it's your job stopping you and maybe a language barrier.

On a boat, the peace, serenity and expanse of openness is hugely appealing!

Portland, Oregon, or Boulder, Colorado. I want to be relatively close to nature and yet have access to a good transit system.

Amsterdam. Lots of reasons!

Ditto!

I tend to fantasize about the Nordic countries because of their high levels of happiness (or really, contentment) and great social safety nets. Although I'm half Swedish, for some reason Norway appeals most to me. On the other hand they are too close for comfort to the USSR and I'd have to learn a relatively alien new language to thrive there, so sometimes I think more in terms of New Zealand. More progressive overall than Australia, speaks English, wants IT people like myself (although would prefer them younger). Or maybe Canada, for the same reasons, and proximity.

At the end of the day though I'm too old and not vulnerable enough (I'm a heterosexual male WASP after all) to make shaking the dust of the US off my feet that great of a strategy, in a purely pragmatic sense. I half half a mind to ship my daughter and grandchildren off someplace like that as a final act of mercy though.

Norwegian is a fairly simple language it just takes a lot of practice because words that sound the exact same to us have completely different meanings to them. Also they have relatively no problem being near Russia.

@Heathen1997 Yeah except for Russians parachuting into Svalbard uninvited for military exercises. I agree though, I'd be more worried about living in Finland in that regard, than Norway. Especially with Russia gaslighting Finland with propaganda lately. And they've physically invaded Finland before.

I've lived my whole life in a desert. Now I am about to move to Northern Ireland. That's (hopefully) pretty much spot on for my "anywhere". 🙂

That's exciting!

I live in a swamp. I would love a desert.

I would stay where I am but be in a different income bracket.

I can live just about anywhere, so long as there are escape destinations.

Off-world, you did say anywhere.

I sure did!

Right there! because from there I can go visit all the other places. No mortgage, no living out of suitcases, no neighbors, guest quarters, 5 dogs, willing women visit and are soon topless on the deck, favorite foods and drinks, safety security, equity, hilltop and soon to be very valuable beachfront property if the oceans keep rising. Also I built it.

On a boat, wandering the globe. About 40ft, sail and diesel power. With a little airplane on floats towed behind. Start out along the east side of South America. Cross to Africa, then Europe, the Med, Sues canal. Play around the Pacific

When would be better for me than were. The where is right here as I have been moving to this place for 50 years, like a magnet, it keeps drawing me back. Guess it must be as close to the right place for me as I will get.

I need to travel some more before I can choose.

Definately another planet inhabitated by beautiful women who have no mental issues and can fix my mental issues aswell ........you did say it could be not real lol

Simon1 Level 7 July 11, 2018

In an RV perhaps

Port Isaac, Cornwall UK. The place looks amazing on the TV series "Doc Martin".

Portwen

I had a friend living in Port Isaac and gave spent several happy weeks there over the years. It is typical beautiful north coast Cornwall. Recommend without hesitation. No sign of Msrtin or Louisa though last I was there!

New Zealand. Epic view. Less people

Too many sand fleas! Amsterdam!

Probably Japan, Kanagawa prefecture. I have family there. The culture isn't perfect, but where is it ever? City infrastructure and public transportation is something to behold. The food is amazing. I would miss the selection of beer here in the Pacific Northwest though. And Seahawks games.

On my bucket list to visit. I thought of making the move in my 20's... I'd rather tour it now

Seattle seems like it would be amazing, but I actually love living in San Antonio. Austin might be perfect for me, or maybe San Diego. Did somebody say Hawaii? That sounds like a blast! Thailand. Definitely Thailand. The food.... Speaking of food, I might go for Italy or France.

I lived in Washington for a few years. I love the two opposite topographies - green forest on one side, desert on the other. And the opposite demographics - country people everywhere and Kurt Cobain types in the city.

Exactly where I'm living now. Nowhere else I'd rather be. I have an idyllic life and I know it. I'm not sure where else I might like to choose - I guess I'd need to travel more to find a better place.

I think from time to time about moving back to Seattle to be near my grown kids and grandchildren, but I'm not quite ready to do that. Visiting often is working for now.

vermont!!! because on paper it looks AMAZING!

Are we restricted to real places? If so, and excluding the answer 'anywhere but the South,' I'd say somewhere in northern California or southern Oregon. And not just for the legal marijuana. Most of the few friends I have are on the west coast, the proximity to progressive civilization and people, relative to the toxically traditionalist environment in North Carolina and the south in general, is immensely attractive.

If we're not restricting to reality, then...I'm going to be a huge geek and say Arkham, Massachusetts, for access to the libraries at Miskatonic University. I might go crazy or get killed by fish-people, but such is the price of cosmic understanding.

Either where I'm living now, in Songkhla, Thailand, or in Sydney Australia, because I LOVE it there.

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve.

If you answer the profile questions and write your profile, listing your hobbies and interests, you'll earn website points, and members can get to know you.
Commenting on posts and writing your own earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

The website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many women prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find compatible partners.

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.

Thank you!

Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127923
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.