Agnostic.com

11 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Theocracy!
Just wait until the evangelicals take over with Pence leading the way.

The evil of islam coming to a neighborhood near you.

JacarC Level 8 July 11, 2018

Sorry dooood. This is theocracy. Not Islam.

@Countrywoman yeah: islamic theocracy

@Jacar Well that is true. But it is not coming here. We are more in danger of Pence & his evangelicals forcing us to pray in school again.

Iran...Saudi...Sunni..or..Shia...they are all complete and utter basketcases...difficut to be tolerant of these regimes...

A good example of how arbitrary and dictatorial a theocracy can be!

If you have FB and you want to support Iranian women there's a page called "My Stealthy Freedom" where women post pictures of themselves without the oppressive chador. You can message them support in their struggle.

Gareth Level 7 July 11, 2018

This should silence all the apologists who claim the hijab is a choice.

This kind of thing is exactly why I think religion should be looked at with ridicule and contempt.

I actually seethe when I read something like this. After a few minutes, when I have calmed down, and my brain starts operating properly again I begin to appreciate how fortunate I am. I am a white, middle-class woman, living in a democratic country. I can practice any religion I wish or not. I have the franchise to vote. I am free to travel anywhere I wish, without asking permission from a male guardian, and I can drive myself when I decide to do so. There are no dictats about what I can and cannot wear. I am free to marry anyone I wish without coercion. I won't be stoned to death or thrown in jail for a misdemeanour. I just wish I could do something to improve the lives of my fellow sisters who are condemned by accident of birth to a life of subordination and cruelty. I feel completely impotent!

@NerdyOkieDude I am actually British. We have our problems, but becoming a theocracy is not one of them.

Funnily enough you might be getting yelled at right here by the so called liberated feminists that inhabit this site for using the male dominated term "fellow sisters" ?

@Anonbene A risk I am prepared to take.....I don’t have much truck with the p.c. brigade. They are mostly white middle class like me, in other words nothing to feel aggrieved at!

I don't live in Iran... here people get shot for being dark skinned... judged and verdict exercised by a government employer... sorry if not in my priorities now, may never be since is on the other side of the world and capitalism dictates soverany of nations. Don't bring religion into it... I don't believe in god.

@NerdyOkieDude Ignored.

I am replying to Gypsy of new spain, This is the argument I hear it all the time and you are misleading the facts. I am talking facts, written laws. Discrimination, white supremacy was brought in first, to steal the wealth GDP. I am from one of those older civilizations. One of my original post was mislead by a British, women, because even if they are in USA they would always act more American with there British accent, spending the stolen money. Tea Party is another prove of misleading and creating suffering. No its not Iran culture, religion, but was created to get the sui gas, oil. Its all about OPEC. Russia, USA want to be part of opec and that is why USA went to war. USA policy never denies the fact. They do not teach soldiers wrong information but is crafted by the spy. We have lot of spy living in USA, and other countries. I am not Irani. All this hate toward the rest of the world humans with little knowledge is unacceptable. All those new countries such as Isreal, Palestine, Saudia arabia etc are created from the GDP of older nations. Please study the facts, before you go on claiming the rest of the world do not matter, its only your suffering. We broke white black by assimilating, many of us are mutts, we broke the GDP theft by revolting. It was not a war. We where starved and we still survived. Listen to the word of Churchill. Not telling you what to do, but no matter where I am. At the library, neighborhood, work, gardening group, I see stupidity. Why do you guys thing you are the only victim in the world. The people who are teaching you are the one who benefit from other suffering.

@TiberiusGracchus Was thinking the same thing.

@Arshi Before we try to fix or mettle in other countries Bullshit... we need to mettle and fix our Bullshit. I had been to the middle east... I spent 20 years in the US Navy... patrolling the Med etc, etc, etc. I remember visiting egypt and israel and couldn't tell one country that we were visiting the other. That was over 30 years ago... Nothing is new to me. Where ever is money to be made usa wants to be in... seems to me you should plead your case to the neighbors of iran... not to us... we got our own shit to worry about.

@TristanNuvo The same mothereffers that do not want the "ameriKKKan constitution" to be amended are always complaining about the laws and or religions of other countries... tsk, tsk, tsk. Mind your own biz.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Two things.. First. You do not nor will ever have the authority to tell me to mind my own 'biz'.

Second. Your intentional misspelling the word 'ameriKKKan' is something we used to do back in grade school.

To be honest, you really kind of come off as a child.

Uppity woman takin' off her head scarf an' prancin' 'round like thet shoulda got worse for not stayin' in her place like she's s'poseta. Nex' thang ya know they's be wantin' t' vote an' wear pants 'stead o' a proper bag.

If the Evangelical, fundamentalists (who now control the Republican party), maintain power and have their way, 'merca stands a good chance of this happening here.

@NerdyOkieDude They only need their bible and there "interpretations" of said bible to justify any atrocity and inhumain activity just as Muslims only need the Quran. For the glory of "god".

already is, by both christians and muslims

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:128272
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.