Agnostic.com

13 0

How do you heal?

How important do you feel healing yourself is before trying to heal others?

Gmctahoe 3 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals
But that scar remaaaaaains

I've given up on feeling better & just try to focus on being a good person by helping others to the extent that I can. I am still able to help some people & as far as I know have not made things worse for anyone.

Carin Level 8 July 13, 2018

Slowly....like any injury it takes time for the scar tissue to close the puncture. With time it's closes up, the tenderness is gone but visually it's a reminder of the trauma.
More time passes and it becomes something you remember without real physical/mental pain. You visit it like a spectator watching a video, somewhat detached but aware.
*traumatic pain...physical or emotional can reach a management level if you don't feed it.

My personal experience when i make short visits to my historic past ie...something reminds me or see that person again, I recommit myself to the facts!

1. I did the best I could at the time this happened
  2. I am not responsible for the bad behavior of others...
  3. Everyday is a gift

If you waited until you healed yourself nothing would ever get down. It also depends what is meant by healing. Feeling better about yourself, that's a good one. Dispelling all your neuroses, not going to happen

If you don't take care of yourself first you can't take care of others. It's an interchange of energy and you can become drained. You may not even realize what is lacking in yourself because of such drains

Road trip with my dogs
More me time, less social time
Volunteer more

Bryan Level 5 July 12, 2018

Lots and lots of compassion for myself and self-care. I can't give to others what I don't have.

We're all walking open gashes. Sounds disgusting doesn't it? Lol

I heal others so I don’t have to deal with my own issues.

Sometimes healing others helps you healing you. And other times... you simply can't help others process.

Heal in public...don't hide your success or failures. Try to be a light...but understand sometimes there is darkness.

I live alone and think that speaks for itself.

I can heal, roll over, and play dead. I still don't fetch well, but l am working on it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:128282
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.