Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime | Nadine Burke Harris - YouTube

I stumbled onto the CDC study that Dr Burke Harris references in this video about 12 years ago and it completely changed my ideas about the root of our poor population health and societal ills. Well, that and the systematic oppresdion and grotesque maldistribution of wealth that is so pervasive in our economy. I believe this work could address one of the most pressing public health problems we are facing in the US at this time. Dr Burke Harris is very inspirational to me and worth a share.

BeachChick66 6 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just sent this to my brother and I only do that with things I find worth sharing. Thank you for this.

azzow2 Level 9 July 12, 2018

I've been learning about trauma, and very much believe this. Unresolved trauma stays with you and even gets passed down through the generations. I was first made aware of this by the work of Dr. Peter Levine.
[traumahealing.org]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:128746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.