Agnostic.com

4 11

LINK Monet's Pond

This pond is so stunning it looks like you've stepped into one of Monet's masterpieces.

Claude Monet’s softly colorful Water Lilies are some of the most beautiful and famous paintings of the Impressionist era. If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to see those lovely tranquil scenes through Monet’s eyes, this small pond in Japan’s Gifu Prefecture is about as close as you can get.

#art
Lukian 8 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@pepperjones @ProudMary @Sheannutt @TheoryNumber3 @archer5691 @Sydland @rogueflyer
compare the images to Monet's Water Lilies series of paintings!
[en.wikipedia.org]

Lukian Level 8 July 12, 2018

@ProudMary I used to tease my kids when the were younger that colour was invented when I was young. I would tell them how things were boring because everything was black and white in my childhood. Now that they are adults, I get tease about it, it's a running inside joke.
I'm blown away that some master paintings actually depicted things as they were and not enhanced in color like an artist would tend to do. The similarities are mind boggling to me even considering I should not be surprised that colors of nature should not have changed. Monet's pond was probably that colorful but no more.

These are spectacular. The one at MOMA is my favorite of the series.

Not a Monet pond, more Zen like with Koi and gold fish.I enjoy sitting out with my fish and feeding.Not a lot excitement but very restive.

You might also enjoy a video of the pond:

I would love to go to Giverny.

You might also enjoy a video of the pond:

@Lukian This is amazing.

I really enjoy atlas obscura. The pond is AMAZING. I guess if there was one place I would love to see it would be Japan. The pottery is tops. Love the simple architecture. Flower arranging is an art form!!

the blossoming cherry trees!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:128781
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.